yes car/thames credit

ddraig07

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone

Thames Credit have been trying to colect this debt for 4 years now so I decided to ask for whatever details they had regarding statement of payments and a copy of the bill of sale for our repossessed car plus copy of agreement.

On the top of the "statement" page it has account balance £0.00 and Arrears £0.00, then a bunch of figures of what they reckon we had paid off the car and the sale price of £2450 leaving a balance of £6707 to pay.

Question 1 if they say they want 6K then whats with the zero balance and arrears?

Secondly I asked for a copy of the bill of sale as they could have sold it for any amount and put a different one down. Am I entitled to see this anyway?

Thirdly If I took off the PPI which we were told we had to have and which we foolishly signed for (we had been in the damn place about 6 hours while they kept disappearing and my then toddler was all over the place I would have signed anything) This would leave £2600 ish..

Fourthly since they sent these over a week ago I haven't heard a thing so what do I do?

any advice folks?

Fifthly I have just noticed my husbands signature doesn't look like his signature at all mine does though...mind you that's me being too suspicious after all they have my signature from other correspondence..

Isn't it awful how they make you think there's no depths they won't sink to?

Does anyone know whether I would be entitled to a proper copy of the sales receipt?

My imagination (with a little help from those wonderful movie makers) has led me to believe that the interior of a nasty DCA office/centre would bear a remarkable resemblance to the interior of a certain vessel from a recent 3rd movie ;)

The occupants of said place would most certainly be the staff...oops stuff of nightmares...

Good luck and best wishes,

BB

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

• 1 year later...

In June 2001 we moved from an address that I had lived at for 4 years. Since that time we have lived at 4 different address, however we have always been on the electroal register and not hid from anyone. We have been paying any debts that we knew that we had and didn't think anything was a problem.

I then recieved a call from the mother of the person who brought the house in 2001 to say that her daughter had been visited by 2 lots of baliffs and had several threatening letters about a debt in my Maiden name (been married since 1995). I told her to forward all these details onto me, and to give the company my current address and phone number. Thames Credit then contacted me to say that I oweded over £600. I went over the details with them and it turns out that even though this debt originated from my parents house (before I was married) they had not tried to contact me there, look at the electorial register just hounding this woman who told them time and time gain that she wasn't me.

I then sent them the letter about the Limitation Act and I know have in my possession the confirmation from them that this debt does fall under this law and that the account is now closed.

If you are think that you are being hounded by them about a debt that they have not used appropriate methods to find you (but not if you have been hiding) then use this law.