natwest bank charges

benchey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have receved letter from the bank not sure about what saying please can some one advise. they offered me a settlement £1,000 sort of my claim they are saying that ' you will notice from our letter that a number of items on the advantage gold account are non-refundable as this was taken into account when assessing the claim on your account. there for we regret we are unable to increase the offer'

(ADVANTAGE PACKAGE ACCOUNT FEES, STOPPED CHEQUE FEES, INTEREST AND CHARGES REFUNDS ALREADY APPLIED TO YOUR ACCOUNT WILL HAVE BEEN EXCLUDED AS APPROPRIATE.)

can some one advise as not sure to except there offer as might lose altogether thanks.

Benchey

How does the offer compare with your claim?

The bank is right that youcanot reclaim advantage gold package fees (currently £12/month) stopped cheque fees or interest (except interest that is attributable to charges). THe chares youcan claim are things like paid referrals, unarrranged borrowing fees, etc.

If they haven't included ALL those then they might say the are 'unable to increase the offer' but we'll see about that!

Don't worry, you are not going to lose

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Hi Benchey, welcome to the Natwest forum.

Depends what you have claimed for. Advantage Gold monthly fee is not reclaimable, nor is total overdaft interest, the only interest you can claim is the portion of the interest that was caused by the charges, if you see what I mean. i wouldn't have thought you could claim for you yourself stopping a cheque, as this is a service they would have carried out at your request. If they've already refunded some charges then you can't reclaim these.

Best thing to do is recalculate your charges in the light of this, and see how much it comes to, and if its anyewhere like what they've offered you, then decide whether to accept offer or not.

There's various spreadsheets on here that will help, but I can't post a link cos I'm crap at it....no doubt someone will post the link in a minute.

Hope this helps

wendy

Hi benchey, welcome on board the nat west forum!!

This is pretty much a standard letter (got one meself today actually!!!)

If you're absolutely sure about your schedule of charges, then reject the offer and pursue them for the full amount. However, double check your statements and schedule just to make sure. They're quite right when they say they won't repay any charges they've already refunded you for, along with Advantage Gold package fees (this is a fee for a genuine service). However, overdraft interest is a legitimate claim, as is a stopped cheque fee (although someone will correct me if I'm wrong!!!)

If you're deffo sure about what you're claiming for, send them one of these Rejecting Offers and then make a decision as to what you want to do next. That will depend on what stage you're at though. If you've already sent them prelim and LBA - then you may want to consider filing at court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Oooooooooooo Wendy........ snap!!!!!!!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Absolutely right Wendy - world of difference. You can claim back charges for the latter but not the former

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

• 1 month later...

Sorry just a quick message regarding NatWest. I sent my initial letter to an address in Borehamwood, is this the correct address? Have people had quicker, better results from other addresses?

Any help would be special.

Borehamwood is the address to send the prelim and LBA.

Please start your own thread in this forum. You'll receive advice specific to your own claim and people will be able to track your progress.

Best of luck :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

The Borehamwood address is the correct place to sent prelems and lba letters.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.