Halifax Loan.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Halifax loan as well and at the time when i received all my bank charges (250+ some months) i wasn't able to pay the loan because Halifax had taken half of my wages already!

I had to draw the rest out just to pay rent and live, some months barely having enough for food.

Due to this i missed sevral months payments on my loan and they charged me for that, then when i started to get straight Halifax would transfer large sums (5-700 quid a time) out of my account and starting the vicious circle again. i am currently starting a claim against halifax for my bank account and am worried that as soon i recieve any payment (hopefully) from them they will transfer it straight out again >,

Also they handed it over to a credit company but a month after getting letters from them they took £700 out of my account as a loan transfer!

Does anyone have any experience or advice with this?

Thanks to everyone for their help so far too ^^

Hi, I know its difficult just now but there should be an answer.

Have you had a look at FAQ section, above. Also have a look at other peoples threads and see what process they went through. Everyone is in much the same boat or has been.

Someone with more experience than me will answer the specifics. Good luck!

Hi Fullick

If I come across anything I will get back to you. I am sure that someone with more experience than me will be able to help.

I understand the effect of double charges between the 2 accounts and that can be dealt with in the claim process. That part of it applies to me between BoS and Halifax but not the large sum transfer. Was that several months arrears or what?

Hi Fullick

I have sucesfully claimed against Halifax for my Account and now am in the process of claiming the charges applied to my loan account

I know how you feel, they used to take monaey from my account to pay the loan, so i got an account with another bank to thwart this.

If you need any further advice just give me a shout and i will try and help you as best as i can

Paul

Wisdom Begins In Wonder

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales

I have been missing most for over a year. Everytime i get close they either transfere it all out or sting me for going over my overdraft with £39 charges 2 -5 at a time >.>

Its been a never ending ccyle in which i have been seriously depressed at somepoints!!!

I just want to get clear again so i can enjoy my life w/o worrying about people knocking on my door taking me to court ;.;

But with everyones Help it might just look like i may be able to!!!

Should i apply for the charges on my loan then at the same time as the charges on my account? so far i have only sent off for the chrages on my account!

Should i apply for the charges on my loan then at the same time as the charges on my account? so far i have only sent off for the charges on my account!

Thats up to you mate, no reason why you cant file as many claims as you want - As long as you can keep track of where you are upto with them all

I split mine up just because i cant always come up the court claim fees for multiple claims at a time

Paul

But with everyones Help it might just look like i may be able to!!!

You will get that, you will get through this and we are behind you!!

The cycle you are in can be halted and you can get the help to get YOUR money back. I really hate it when I see the impact those banks have had.

Just ask questions and remain focussed. All the answers are here!!!!!

You want to get another bank account set up with a different bank.

basically as you have a halifax bank account and an halifax loan.

halifax can make offset requests to pay your loan from your account without your permission.

Barclaycard did this to me when i had a barclays bank account. they stole a few £xxx in 1 go, then sent me a letter a few days later advising me that they can do this and will carry on doing this.

so i would advise getting a new basic account with another organisation. and setup new DD if you have any.

i woud also advise this as such you will then have a parachute account, in case they turn nasty and close your account, after you claim victory of their charges.

Good Luck mate.

I have tried to get anouther accont a couple of times but was denied because of credit history, they offered me a savings account but i need an account i can put direct debits on for car insurance and stuff >.>

I managed to get an basic account with lloyds tsb no problem. and my record is seriously damaged.

not sure wether they check or not, but i applied online.

hi,i was in the same position as you halifax always heping thereselves to my money either in charges or taking it to pay credit card,i knew i owed it but they dont care how skint they leave you,so anyway someone said to me take control of your own money,i think that woke me up,so i applied for a nat west step account on line,and transferred my wages to that,you can pay direct debit with it,im not as skint as i always was,lol,hope this helps