• Tweets

• The small claims process is straightforward although it will take a few months. Assuming you win you will get your money back – and of course you have to enforce the judgement. I'm not really clear how it works. Maybe it is already set out on this thread but tell me anyway – who did you pay your money to?
    • China's NetEase and games publisher Activision Blizzard end their feud which had angered fans.View the full article
    • A black comedy maybe. I do think it's quite disturbing and imagine his family would be concerned if they knew how he behaved. Some of the mods on here don't help by humouring him and pretending he's a normal, well-balanced individual when he clearly isn't.
    • have you googled the company? Ask shiply for the companies reg number?
    • means they don't care whatever dispute you had with EON, we bought the debt - pay up - tough luck. doesn't work like that lowell!! i'll re read whole thread tomorrow, but from memory this was for a single line supply, with a single meter feeding many building on 'a chicken farm'. Following 'whatever', that business 'folded' and an associated cottage was sold off to you whilst still being supplied via this single existing meter. There was not a separate meter for 'the cottage'. there were some payments made by yourselves.  latterly, a separate was installed to 'the cottage' but EON held you responsible for an owing debt prior to this, when not all consumption was of course not 'just' your cottage. after lots of letter tennis, the debt was sold to Lowell.    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Maz v NatWest**WON**

mbaz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I'm new to this site.

I am in the process of reclaiming £5245 back from NatWest and have registered with Trowbridge court. Cobbets have acknowledge the claim and I am now waiting for them to file their defence. I wondered if there was anyway I can find out whether anyone else has been through Trowbridge Court as it might make me feel more confident to go all the way if I know other cases have been successful through this court. Do you know if I can find this out?

Thanks,

Mbaz

Hi Mbaz, welcome on board the nat west forum!

I haven't a clue how you could find this info out though - how about asking at the county court??

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

You could ringthe court and ask. THe admin staff are usually very helpful. The worst is that they will say they can't tell you.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, well cobbetts have now sent me there defence and I think the gist of it is that I havent provided enough information (I sent a list of charges) and that the onus on me is to proove that these charges were actually taken (not a problem as I have the statements) and that they were as a result of breach of contract (eeek - not sure what this means!!!) to be honest I'm really hoping to settle out of court and I have a figure in mind - how lilely is it that Natwest are trying to intimidate me and will send me a lower offer to settle out of court? do they usually do this as I'm really not sure about going all the way through court...any advice/support appreciated!!

how lilely is it that NatWest are trying to intimidate me

That's exactly what they are trying to do!

You have to realise that this is a game. It's like noughts and crosses - every move is inevitable - the difference is, that in this game it is not a draw - you get to win!

First thing - it will not actually get to court. NatWest will settle before that although it might be the night before!

Here's the next 'moves':

1. You ignore their defence - as you say, it is not a real defence, it is just to frighthen you with legalise and doubt

2. You respond to anything the court sends you (here you get to 'ask a friend' - ie us)

3a. The court may send you an allocation questionnaire - fairly straightforward and there are instructions on how to so it here

3b. The court may dispense with teh AQ in which case you send them this

4. Eventually a court date will be set and you will have to send a load of documents. You can 'ask the audience' (us again!)

5. NatWest will also have to send a load of documents but they won't. Instead they will send you the money.

Sometimes there are variations. Sometimes NatWest gives in earlier. Sometimes the judge shows them a red card and they get sent off!

Steven

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

thanks so much! I feel better already! I'm just so worried that mine will be one of the ones that goes all the way and I'll lose because I dont understand all the jargon! I'll keep asking you guys though!

There are loads of people on here who've been through the process and won who are only too willing to help and guide

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

Got a letter this morning saying court date is 31st August but a bit worried as thought I'd get some sort of questionnaire to complete and be able to submit more evidence such as terms and conditions - do you know if this will happen?:?

Obviously they are dispensing with the AQ - see my point 3b in post #5 above

Steven

Thanks everyone. I know I cant believe hot far away my date is! The letter from the court says I must submit all evidence 14 days before the hearing so shall i just send it to the court anyway or should i send that letter first? Sorry if I'm being stupid but I really dont want to get this wrong!

Maria

another note - my letter says my claim has been allocated to the smalls claim track and the hearing will last no more than 15 mins..........sound quite short to me.

Hi Maria, if you're happy to send the above letter - by all means do us. In the meantime - given that you've got plenty of time to get it right! - start putting your court bundle together as well. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 4 weeks later...

hiya - do you think its a good sign that judge has only allocated 15 mins for my hearing???! Ie is he anticipating bank now turning up and therefore me winning????!!

hiya - given the latest news re: OFT court case how will i be informed if judge out a "stay" on my case? will i get a letter before or will he tell me at the hearing itself? cant believe might have gone through all this for nothing!!!

called court today who said that all hearings go ahead and no "stays" will be granted!! I am so relieved as its almost certain natwest wont turn up on that day - espeacially with the OFT case - so fingers crossed!!!

That's great news mbaz - could you tell us what court this is please? (or PM myself or another site helper if you don't want to post it on the open forum).

This link is useful for preparing your court bundle - and the basic court bundle can be found here. Don't forget your Terms and Conditions! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

got my court bundle printed (my little £20 printer keeling over in corner now!!) but of course I dont have T&Cs. where can i get these???? will I have to ask Natwest for them?? My court date is 31st aug so need bundle in by 17th at latest....really stressed now!!!

mbaz, you won't have time to request them from NW now - they'll never respond! Have a look in the T&C's sticky above the main threads as there are a few available on there. Also, look in the documents library to see if any NW T&C's have been posted yet. If you can't get hold of the ones you need (i.e., the year your account was opened along with any amendments, such as changing to an AG account) you'll need to download the latest T&C's from NW's website at the very least. Your Statement of Evidence will be able to refer to them to show how the 'charges' are actually penalty charges.

Don't stress - you'll be fine, you've got loads of time! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

My pleasure! ;)

If you get stuck, just shout :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***