Help please, Monument sold debt onto Cabot whilst it is in dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:grin: Hi, I sent Monument a sar on the 28th feb this year, they sent me something that they said is a cca, but it isnt, if you look on my other thread Monument, Please Help you will see what they sent me. I have just received a letter from Monumnet saying that they have sold on the so called debt to C abot on the 17th May, even though its in dispute. I have now had 3 calls from Cabot on the 3rd I told them I a nopt prepared to talk to them any more , and that Monumnet had no right to pass it on whilst its in dispute. Does anyone have any idea what I should do now, do I need to SAR Cabot or do I just ignore them and hope they will go away, arghhhhhhhh,

I,m so frustrated, any help will be greatly appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

I have CCA,D Cabot, they have returned my postal order and have said in a letter,

Cabot financial(UK) LTD, formerly Kings Hill (no .1) LTD, part of the Cabot financial group of companies, purchased the account from Barclaycard and therefore cabot is the legal owner.

The rights but not the duties were assigned to cabot in dealing with the account, therefore they are legally entitled to collect.

We will assist you in providing a copy of the agreement OF WHICH MONUMENT COULDNT, BUT please note we are not OBLIGED to as we are not the creditor. In view of the fact we are not the creditopr we are also returning the fee of £1 as this is not applicable.

We will also arrange for a copy of the notice of assisgnment to be forwarded to you, of which I have already been sent previous to this,

This letter constituteswritten notice of the assignment under section 25 of the law property act and therefore we have no need to provide a copy of the assignment deed itself.

PLease can someone advise me are they in the wrong, what should I be posting out to them now. ARGHHH I feel I,m going nuts, any help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards, Rinky:grin:

Hoho. Welcome to the Club.

Just a quick question. Were you abreviating in your quote from the letter, or does it actually say just CABOt is the legal owner etc?

I'd write a letter of complaint to Monument, telling them of your concern about them selling on a disputed debt. Then I'd bang a reply off to Cabot along the same lines, and asking them for their complaints procedure. Bearing in mind that it is Cabot Financial (UK) Limited who proudly own a disputed debt, I'd send it to them, rather than Europe, who will have written to you so far.

I'd also S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited whilst I was at it.

You will be able to report all this nonsense to the Financial Ombudsman once you have exhausted their compalints procedures. DCA's now come under their remit too.

I hope you have plenty of ink in your printer. You're going to be busy. ;)

Hoho. Welcome to the Club.

Just a quick question. Were you abreviating in your quote from the letter, or does it actually say just CABOt is the legal owner etc?

I'd write a letter of complaint to Monument, telling them of your concern about them selling on a disputed debt. Then I'd bang a reply off to Cabot along the same lines, and asking them for their complaints procedure. Bearing in mind that it is Cabot Financial (UK) Limited who proudly own a disputed debt, I'd send it to them, rather than Europe, who will have written to you so far.

I'd also S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited whilst I was at it.

You will be able to report all this nonsense to the Financial Ombudsman once you have exhausted their compalints procedures. DCA's now come under their remit too.

I hope you have plenty of ink in your printer. You're going to be busy. ;)

Hi Seahorse, yes it does say Cabot owns the debt, I feel heaps better now, got my letters sorted and ready to post 1st thing tomoz, I will sit back and eagerly await their reply and see what heap of s..... they come up with next:D

• 1 month later...
I have CCA,D Cabot, they have returned my postal order and have said in a letter,

Cabot financial(UK) LTD, formerly Kings Hill (no .1) LTD, part of the Cabot financial group of companies, purchased the account from Barclaycard and therefore cabot is the legal owner.

The rights but not the duties were assigned to cabot in dealing with the account, therefore they are legally entitled to collect.

We will assist you in providing a copy of the agreement OF WHICH MONUMENT COULDNT, BUT please note we are not OBLIGED to as we are not the creditor. In view of the fact we are not the creditopr we are also returning the fee of £1 as this is not applicable.

We will also arrange for a copy of the notice of assisgnment to be forwarded to you, of which I have already been sent previous to this,

This letter constituteswritten notice of the assignment under section 25 of the law property act and therefore we have no need to provide a copy of the assignment deed itself.

PLease can someone advise me are they in the wrong, what should I be posting out to them now. ARGHHH I feel I,m going nuts, any help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards, Rinky:grin:

I must admit that this is a piece of drivel, if they own a consumer debt, they are bound by the CCA. I would send a complaint in about (just) this aspect of there standpoint, say that you do not agree that they are not bound, as they imply, by the CCA and they have a duty to reply. State that if you do not have a reply from them within the time frame of eight weeks or they issue your CCA, you will report them to the FSO, cost to THEM £400.

Additionally, are there any charges on the account that you take them to court for at the moment, start the ball rolling, if they ring up again after that, tell the organism on the other end that they are seeking to pervert the course of justice and you will report them, and the company to the police, get their operator identity number first though. You do have alot of ammo

Mike

• Haha 1

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Apologies if I have posted this incorrectly

I have received the agreement documents after a CCA to Cabot (ref) monument but the covering letter says they have requested stsatements from monument and will forward in due course. This is dated early August, should I persue or what would be best recommended?

Many thanks

Chrisb