Re: diamondcats v Abbey

diamondcats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I wonder if anyone could help me. I have filed a claim against my bank, Abby, and have just recieved a reply from the courts which I am confused about.

The letter states the following:

"Upon the courts own motion. The court has made this order of its own initiative wothout a hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of recieving it."

(first of all what does this mean, what happens in each of the three options i.e. to have an application set aside, varied or stayed and how would you go about either of them?????)

The letter then continues as follows:

IT IS ORDERED THAT

"This matter be listed on the 4th of July at 2:00pm to consider striking out the claim as disclosing no reasonable prospect of sucess in the light of the recent decision of Berwick -v- Lloyds TSB 15 May 2007."

My understanding is that the above case was dissmissed from court as the Judge, Judge Cooke from Birmingham, "took the view that the bank charges were legitimate fees for a package of services and not excessive penalty charges" (This Is Money, 2007) and was referring to charges of an overdraft.

My case is not claiming for fees incurred from an overdraft as I did not have one but from Direct Debits. All the charges I want to claim back are of approximately £2200 including interest all of which I was charged over a one year period. I was charged twelve times in one day at £35 per time as they just kept trying and trying repeatedly.

As a result I see my charges as extremely unfair penalties and would like to ask if I can appeal against the District Judge Besford for considering striking out my claim on the grounds of an unrelated claim?

Please answer as soon as you can as I have to reply to the court by tomorrow, my 7 days are over. I would have asked earlier but I have only just found your site :-(

Hello again

Just to say that I have now had things explained regarding the letter I recieved (must have been having a dizzy day). I simply have to go to court on the date set where the Judge will decide whether my case is worth pursuing. :-)

Which court is this?

I think you would be wise to do a bit more than just turn up at court and see what the judge decides. He has obviously misunderstood/not read the judgement on the Birmingham case.

You ought to have your own thread - you might get missed here at the tail end of a successful thread.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Bump for a mod!!

Steven

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Thanks Bookworm - can you contact diamondcats - not responding to PMs

Steven

• Haha 1

Steven

My Wins

Thanks for finding this Stephen much appreciated. :D

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Steven

He/she will get notification by e-mail of the PMs sent, so can't do much more than that, all we can do is wait and hope he/she will log back on soon.

Thanks for finding this, Steven. :-)

Can i ask what Bank this is at?

Abbey Bank (aka Abbey National), the case is at Hull

Steven

Steven

My Wins

I thought you probably did.

Are you a Hull person too? If so, you need to respond to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=12&a=94 as soon as possible

Steven

Steven

My Wins

Hello Steven

Thank you for your response. I will try to get you the details you have asked for (somehow) I dont have a scanner and my computer knowledge is a bit primitive :???: . Yes the court my case is being dealt with is in Hull.

:)

Steven

Hello Steven

Thank you for your response. I will try to get you the details you have asked for (somehow) I dont have a scanner and my computer knowledge is a bit primitive :???: . Yes the court my case is being dealt with is in Hull.

:)

DiamondCats, please do not send your info to Steven (no offence, Steven!), pls send it to:

Even if you can't scan the stuff straight away, I strongly recommend you e-mail them asap with your contact number as per this announcement:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?a=94 and take it from there.

No offence taken - I was trying to get DiamondCats' info there anyway. I'm happy to butt out now

Steven

Steven

My Wins