It just doesn't add up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: Received a letter from the Halifax saying they were willing to reimburse me for bank charges incurred together with interest and they would also reimburse my court fee. They have reimbursed my bank charges and court fee but I haven't received the interest.

Just wondering if together with interest means plus interest cause that is how I read it but as they haven't paid me I am now not so sure.

In the particular of claim I put the interest was accruing daily and the rate but didn't add it on to the total claimed. Should I push for the interest or just be happy with what I got without too much trouble?

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I put in the particulars that the interest was 8% continuing at a daily rate of £0.021% until judgement or settlement.

I didn't add the interest on to the line that said amount claimed though think that was my mistake.

But the Halifax letter mentioned the interest it's the wording of their letter that is confusing.

My claim is only a small one compared to most, but it is money I could really do with. I am claiming £290 in bank charges, £61.89 in interest and £30 court fee. Halifax put £320 into my account on the same day as I received their letter. The exact wording of the confusing bit is as follows

"For this reason, but without admission of liablility, Halifax is willing to reimburse £290 in respect of the bank charges incurred, together with £61.89 in respect of approximate interest that Halifax hs calculated was charged on your account as a result of charges. The Halifax will also reimburse £30.00 in respect of the Court fee. This amounts to £320.00 which will be paid into your account within the next 5 working days".

Well I think this amounts to £381.89 not £320!