interest- or no interest?

daveymac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I am just about to call Barclays to offer an early settlement. I intend to hold for the full amount, + court costs. (Is this right?)

The other thing I am concerned about, is the interest. I used the spreadsheet to calculate interest at 8%, which earns me another £230 ish. However, this in based on the dates the charge was added. I read somewhere that interest is only chargeable from the date the claim is started.

Please can someone advise which way I should proceed.

Thanks guys!

Dave

:cool: HI.. Daveymac Interest is due from the day they take Your money..

Interest needs to be added when you submit your court claim..

Imagine if 1 million people wanted to give them £ 230

Thats why they take so long to sort it out.

Just 60 minutes ago i submitted my claim with £ 1,000 interest

Take them to the cleaners and dont give them a penny..Good luck

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Thanks for the supportive words. I've just tried to call the litigation team to offer settlement. Nothing but an aswering machine, so I've dropped them an email. I'm going to hang on until around 4pm to hear from them, then post my pack off. (I have to admit - I'm hoping they settle! This pack is around 100pages, and hard work to fit into an envelope)

Court date of 21 June.

I've pulled together my court bundle, photocopied and highlighted etc. There's a couple of extra charges incorporated since the original action was sent, but I don't expect there to be a problem.

Anyway - I've got the pack labelled on my desk ready to go first class recorded to arrive tomorrow morning, and I thought I'd give Barclays the opportunity to settle in full now.

I'm still going to send the bundle off regardless, and drop a copy into court too. I don't want the fact that Barclays may drag their heels to hinder my progress in any way.

thanks for that Saintly. I just called and spoke to Dino - he laughed when I mentioned where I got his number from. Anyway - turns out that Kate is dealing with my case. I've tried to get hold of her - but no luck yet.

Still - it's worth pestering!

They appear to be a good bunch! Have you emailed Kate yet? If not, email her, and leave her a voicemail message, and follow that up with another call just after 5. apparently they work til six, so most people stiop ringing about 5, and it leaves a nice open door. If you can, attach your most recent SOC to your email, and make sure that the date and case number are in the email. When you ring, mention the time you emailed so Kate can look for the email easily - remember she is probably dealing with tens, if not 100s of cases at the moment!

Good luck

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!