• Tweets

• I have done a separate letter and form for each of the 3 debts and kind of ignored the Vodafone one for now    Thanks 
    • please refrain from posting blocks of text...use sentences and line spacing .... i notice your 1st post had been spaced and ive done your last three.... this is not facebook....its a forum. ........... it does matter how long BS takes i would cease payments now and a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF. they don't own your debts so can do NOTHING!! slow down and calm down , 4 post in 5 mins is no good. Debt management and Debt self-help - Consumer Action Group click the above link and go read a good 20+ thread in the above forum and all your questions will be answered  if you have any outstanding  then please post with them later. everything is explain in numerous thread already here for you to understand at your own pace. there is not rush to do anything today or the next 10days bar simply stop paying. though as explained in my last post, whichever way you go not pay will equal a default which will trash your credit file for 6yrs so the quicker you stop the quicker they will vanish . dx  
    • The funds were taken by eBay, rather than Paypal.  I presume Paypal collects the funds from eBay, and so eBay then sting me for the money.   But either way, before this money was taken from my account, my eBay account balance showed as -£85.  Yes, my bank account has been debited by this amount. eBay say that they are completely removed from the chargeback process, because it is carried out by the buyer's financial institution.  So, conveniently, they cannot help, other than by refunding the chargeback fee of £14. 
    • Perfect, thanks for the detailed response. One question, do you know how long it takes for the breathing space to get applied? Say for example I have payments due in 4 days and I apply today how does that work? Also, sorry for sounding stupid but what do you mean by default once the breathing space is in place? I mean what does "Default" mean.  After the breathing space is over and I wanted more time, what would happen? I can and will afford the payments after a few months but I just need that breather to sort some stuff out, as I have said I have never missed a payment. Sorry for the many replies but after doing a quick search, correct me if I am wrong. If it then does go into default and it goes to a collection agency am I right in saying they will send many letters and they may consider a claim? and I should only response if an official MoneyClaim is made? Also, If it does go into default does this severely affect my credit score? or will this only be in the case if a CCJ is applied.
    • there isn't one yet use the default mentioned already there. that covers all 3 debts as i assume the PAPLOC is for all 3 debts? dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

lANCASTERCHELSEA V. RBS/business

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is very brief! I'd be inclined to amend it - which would also give you the chance to include some stuff in your PoC about the pre-6 year charges as well. Plus, I really do think it's a good idea to only go for the 8% interest as well............... the DJ will be much more inclined to award this as opposed to the compounded rate. ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Just had a quick read. You should have filled in an N1 form when filing with the court. Your POC is too short. I recommend you fill in an N244 form and hand it into the court. It will cost £35 to amend your POC. You can use the Common Law reference not UTCCR in your POC wording.

Use this POC here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/110283-new-poc-n1-rbs.html

Amend this to suit your needs. Also you should mention the Limitations Act Section 32

• (1) .... where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either-
    • (a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or
    • (b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff's right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or
    • © the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

[*]the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it. ....

[*](2) For the purposes of subsection (1) above, deliberate commission of a breach of duty in circumstances in which it is unlikely to be discovered for some time amounts to deliberate concealment of the facts involved in that breach of duty.

This link will get you the case law on the Limitations to put put into your POC.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cases-library/95399-case-law-relevant-limitations.html?highlight=LIMITATIONS+ACT

The amended POC will i think make them give in quite easily, but i may be wrong. It is your choice. The costs alone going over the legal arguments on their side will i think make them pay.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

will Cobblers attend court ?

or do they tend to settle beforehand???

I have a preliminary in January

KBO

If you can't fight, wear a big hat.

Halifax... 2 successful claims....£518

CitiCards..... judgement and cheque (26/7/07) .... won £900

RBS business..... .....stay lifted reissued N1..... won £2105

Midland1 business.1996/1997.. first letter (27/6/07)....£1470

First Direct...... first letter (30/6/07).... £839.... stayed

plus another 13 banks/business/cc's to come for £10,000 plus.

It's difficult to call this one to be honest hun, particularly as it's a prelim hearing. However, as you filed your claim via MCOL and it's also a business claim, I personally feel there's a good chance that they'll turn up and pick holes in your PoC.

To give your claim the best possible chance, I do think you'll need to change your PoC - I posted up a link to barneybubble's thread on the first page of your thread which shows exactly what to do/how to do it. I really do think your best course of action right now is to bite the bullet and re-do the PoC. x :)

EDIT: Sorry, meant to add this link earlier! This gives a really good guide to what to expect at the prelim hearing http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

thanks very much for your advice

I will redo my POC tomorrow

I am reluctant to water down my interest rate though. It is exactly what they have charged me. I have had an overdraft permanently and get charged interest every month on the old charges

obrigado

KBO

I am reluctant to water down my interest rate though. It is exactly what they have charged me. I have had an overdraft permanently and get charged interest every month on the old charges obrigado

You could always leave the interest as it is and give 8% as an alternative. That way, the DJ can award what he/she see's fit to award. ;)

Best of luck re-doing the Poc, give us a 'shout' if you need any help with it. x :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hedgey.......... I have filled in N244 partially..... not sure about Part C

will handwritten do ? or is it best typed

Do I attach a new POC as if I was starting again with an N1 is it the

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/110283-new-poc-n1-rbs.html one ????

I send (or take) 3 copies (of N244 plus new POC) to court with cheque for £35 made out to "the County Court" ????

I can write complex linear programming optimisation systems but this stuff does my head in

thanks

KBO

the POC http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/110283-new-poc-n1-rbs.html contains a reference to free banking. As a business customer, I pay fees for each cheque etc

Is this still the right POC for business claims

KBO

N244 ..... not sure about Part C

For Part C, put something along the lines of:

"I respectfully request that the court allows an amendment to my Particulars of Claim. (give a brief explaination of why the amendment is needed, ...............e.g., the original Particulars of Claim do not, upon reflection, give sufficient information in support of the claim.)

Please find attached to this application my proposed new Particulars of Claim, as well as a schedule of the amount claimed in respect of penalty charges levied by the defendant"

will handwritten do ? or is it best typed

It doesn't matter whether you type or handwrite the form to be honest, as long as all the relevant info is included typed or handwritten is fine. But if you download the N244, you can type the info into it and then print 3 copies off. It won't let you save the changes though. :)

Do I attach a new POC as if I was starting again with an N1 is it the http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/110283-new-poc-n1-rbs.html one ????

You could use this one, but you'd need to remove all references to free banking, UTTCCR, etc. Or, you could use this which is the standard business claim PoC. Either way, don't forget that you'll need to put it onto the N1 form (3 copies of this are also required, plus 3 copies of your schedule of charges).

I send (or take) 3 copies (of N244 plus new POC) to court with cheque for £35 made out to "the County Court" ????

I'd be inclined to take it into the Court offices if you possibly can - they'll deal with the paperwork immediately for you. I'm not sure who you make it out to - possibly HMCS? Probably best to give the court a quick ring in the morning to be on the safe side (shows you how long ago I wrote a cheque out!!) ;) Once the Court has your N244 and amended PoC, they'll amend the details, re-seal the claim, return it to you and it is then your responsibility to re-serve it on RBoS. Ensure that you keep a copy of the sealed N1 for yourself too. Once you have served the claim you should send the Court a completed certificate of service which is here along with a copy of the N1 so that the court knows when the bank need to respond.

I can write complex linear programming optimisation systems but this stuff does my head in

Tell me about it!!! Although I can't write complex linear programming optimisation systems either! Takes a while to get your head round this at first because, let's face it, we're not solicitors, barristers or judges........... although by the time you get to the end of your claim, you'll feel qualified to be one!!! :D

Keep up the good work hun, you're nearly there now. x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Excellent help Hedgey...... thanks very much

I cannot get to the court tomorrow...... I am away all day

hopefully I will take it in on thurs am

KBO

My pleasure. x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

got all the amended poc/N1/N244/3 copies/£40(gone up from £35) into court last friday.... I had to mark/underline it all in red because it was an amendment.... The staff were very helpful and friendly... They are watching out for any credit card claims that have been stayed

They will now send it all back to me when they have done what they have to do with it.

KBO

Well done hun, I know it's a bit of a pain to amend the claim at this stage, but it's well worth having your PoC all present and correct when you get to the hearing. x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Just a thought hun, but given how close you are to barneybubble in the claim stakes with dates, etc., and along with the fact that you've revised your PoC, strikes me that your own offer may not be too far away! x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Let's hope so, but it certain to be at the statutory interest rate

thanks

KBO

Got reply from court today......

it is ordered that.....

"There be to the claimant to amend the claim in the form filed at court"

what the hell does that mean?????

"The defendant shall file and serve an amended defence by 4:00pm on 31st December 2007"

KBO

Sounds as though the DJ had approved your application to amend your PoC! Phone the court office and check - but I think this is what it means. What you'll have to do now is re-serve the amended PoC on RBS (head office as before) if the DJ has actually approved the amendment. :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Got phone call from Cobblers...........

they have offered 40% as a full and final etc....... which I gracefully declined

also the very pleasant lady said..... you are claiming contractual not the court's s69 8%......... i replied that I have simulated the exact charging regime that the bank has imposed on me.... the interest charged is the exact sum of interest that the bank has charged me resulting from the penalty charges. The account is still current and I have an overdraft made up partly of old penalty charges and the total of consequential interest on penalties.

Contractual only adds about £400 above "normal" 8%

KBO

I don't think you're too far away from a full and final settlement now ;) If they offer to refund all penalty charges plus court fees plus 8%, you'll have cracked it without having to attend the hearing!

Fingers crossed that their next offer is for the full amount. x :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***