Ball's rolling

Geordie_Aaron
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are finding that some banks are mysterilusly not receiving theri DPA requests.

Also Barclays are claiming that it is all microfiched so that they don't have to comply.

We need to deal with this.

sent'em via Special Delivery so they can't pull the 'we never recieved it' and we are only going back to 2002..... how far back isit that they are saying that they have it on 'microfiche'?

EDIT: to add, they have 40 days to comply or i'll see them in court.....if it even gets there (hopefully :D)

they say that everything after 6 months is on microfiche.

have a look through the threads on Barcays section to find more info.

We need time to investigate this. Also we need soemone to complain to the IC about it

Well....a friend of the missus has just started at a branch of barclays, at the moment she doesn't know anything as she's just started, but she's going to get a list of questions to ask about that 'she's thought maybe beneficial to her learning curve' :wink:

Who is this IC you speak of? sorry i'm not too good with abreviations, if i feel i've been wrong done by them, i would complain.... aslong as it dont cost MORE money than it would to take barclays to court...

Aaron

Well....a friend of the missus has just started at a branch of barclays, at the moment she doesn't know anything as she's just started, but she's going to get a list of questions to ask about that 'she's thought maybe beneficial to her learning curve' :wink:

Who is this IC you speak of? sorry i'm not too good with abreviations, if i feel i've been wrong done by them, i would complain.... aslong as it dont cost MORE money than it would to take barclays to court...

Aaron

You tell the friend to be very careful about asking questions. If the bank get a sniff of why she is asking, she will never get to finish her probation.

Got the following letter this morning, about the refund of charges on the CLOSED account....

Dear Mr Pearson

Thank you for you letter of 9 march.

I am sorry you are unhappy with the charges you have incurred. Your comments are receiving attention and i will contact you again within two week.

Please find enclosed a copy of our complaints leaflet, which explains how we will deal with this matter.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0207 116 5315

Yours sincerly

Matthew Seely

Customer Relations Manager

Remember this is for a refund of £740 from a old account which got closed in august....wonder what they are looking into? possibly "do we HAVE to pay him?" haha oh well...it's a start...

In the complaints booklet i've found more contact info including the above direct number for admins to put in contact file :lol: ...

Matthew Seeley, Customer relations manager: 0207 116 5315

FREEPHONE number for barclays: 0800 282 390

Another FREEPOST address:

Free post RLTA-CSUE-TCHC

Barclays Bank PLC

Head Office Customer Relations

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

email address for barclays ....... [email protected]

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Open Account reponse :

Dear Mr Pearson

ABOUT YOUR REQUEST FOR COPY STATEMENTS

I am pleased to enclose a copy of the bank statements you requested.

You'll notice that a copy is not an exact duplicate of your original statement. This is because copies are produced in a slightly different way. What we enclose here includes all the details set out in the original statement.

You may find however, that the copy includes enteries from a number of the past statements. If so, a dotted line shows when a statement has been issued to you, and just above this line you'll find the date it was issued and statement number. The particular statement you requested will appear two of these dotted lines.

As previously explained, there is a small charge for supplying copies of statemenrs to help cover our extra admin costs. Your account has now been debited with £5.00

If you have any questions, please contact us using the phone number shown on your bank statements ****MISSING****

Yours sincerely

****NOBODYS NAME OR TITLES VERY POOR****

Now i'm about to go through all the FAQs and previous barclays threads.... BUT..... what i've noticed different from what i requested in DPA letter.

1. No manual intervention notes

2. MANY dates are missing in these statements (3 withdrawls in the WHOLE of november..pff yeah right!)

3. Theres only 3 charges throughout the WHOLE of the account...when i KNOW that there is atleast 4 in 2 months in DECEMBER/JANUARY

and finally i just remebered the statements only go to JANUARY... even though i requested them until march.....

VERY poor service from barclays... the letter i'm thinking of sending is the LBA? modifying it saying that they havn't given me ALL the informaition i requested, and a minor complaint about not being told they were going to debit the account with £5 (since the last letter i sent of a CHQ, which has now been cancelled)

Advice?? :roll:

Send an angry letter back saying that their DPA disclosure is incomplete. detail why.

Send a separate prelim oletter claiming all the charges which you can identify at this point so that the time is ticking as well. Refer to the incomplete DPA in that letter as well.

Open Account response: i was in all fairness expecting the 50% offer, but we've got JUST over offered to us.... out of £740, he's offered £400 (Matthew Seeley)..... rang him on the off chance that we could talk about margins here without going to court, and he was the most arrogant person i've known. 'no, now is there anything else i can help you with or not as i'm busy' lol

Actioning claim on payday (28th :D)

HI

We're new to all this.... :idea: Just had a letter back from barclays giving all statements back until 2002 - thats when the acc was opened. So far there are £785 in charges that I can see, sent letter today 1st class requesting this money back - letter found in library - Prelimanery approach, so we'll se where we get. Between my partner and I we have over £2000 from 3 banks so if all goes to plan we might be off on holiday soon :p

HI

We're new to all this.... :idea: Just had a letter back from barclays giving all statements back until 2002 - thats when the acc was opened. So far there are £785 in charges that I can see, sent letter today 1st class requesting this money back - letter found in library - Prelimanery approach, so we'll se where we get. Between my partner and I we have over £2000 from 3 banks so if all goes to plan we might be off on holiday soon :p

Please will you not hijack threads. It makes it very hard work to follow your claim and to help you when you need it.

Please start your own thread.

Right Hello everybody! been on a few days break...

So... i'll start with my OPEN account (£310 IN CHARGES)

Rang 'Lawrence White' to ask why i hadn't recieved all my statements, nor been replied to in the given time allocated, he apologised and said that he'd have a look now whilst i was on the line, came back and said that there was £250 in charges, i argue (already having statements, but thought i'd request full lot just incase) and he said 'oh yes, didn't see the extras' well on thats basis i'm prepared to offer you £200 as a gesture of good will...

i reply asking why he wasn't giving me the full amount and he said "i dont have to, i'm just trying to keep you with barclays, you were charged for BLAH BLAH, you get the idea..."

So i asked if that was his final offer before i went ahead setting up ANOTHER claim, which barclays are going to lose and end up paying alot more out than if they just gave me what was rightfully mine in the first place..... and he said yes...... claim starting ASAP

Closed account (£740 charges)

Just waiting for the other account to be sorted and going to combine both in one claim for under £2k....

Why do they 'offer a gesture of good will' knowing that they are breaking the law, and that you know they are breaking the law...... it's beyond me

EDIT: can somebody point me in the direction for the 'be prepared to go to court' and the link to the online claims as with this new site, many forums seem to be empty (tried emptying cache, internet files ETC..)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks