style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a renault scenic almost 3 years ago. in january this year I had paid almost half the payments and decided to change my car. I made contact with RFS who apprised me of the process to terminate my agreement and I had to pay about £50-£60 to take my payments up to exactly half, this payment was made by switch.

The whole process went very well and RFS even picked up my car.

After cancelling my HP agreement i noticed that my credit report was not changing, in fact it still shows a balance of over two thousand pounds still to pay to RFS.

I telephoned RFS to query this and I think i must have got the company idiot who could at best be described as useless, but anyway, what he told me was that my account had been defaulted and that i was owe over £600. where he got this figure from i have no idea. he could not explain why my account was defaulted or why RFS had not made contact with me prior to defaulting my account and updating my credit report or why I owed £600, when i asked to speak with a supervisor he put me on hold and then hung up!.

I then wrote a letter to RFS explaining what had happened and asked that they update my credit file to show that my account has been fully settled. That was over a month ago and I have still not had any reply from RFS who have still not updated my credit report either.

am at a bit of a loss how best to proceed from here.

basically i excercised my right under the HP agreement to voluntary terminate after half payments were made and now I am in the position where RFS wont communicate with me or update my credit report.

can anyone suggest where I should go from here?