Message from Nationwide internet banking

northdesk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received this response from Nationwide it clearly states charges are related to high cost for this service .

Thank you for your email regarding charges incurred on your FlexAccount. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund the charges as you've requested.

I can confirm that on 05 December 2006 a cheque for £49.56 was paid in and did not clear until 12 Dcember 2006. When the Direct Debit payable to IDT Direct Toucan was presented on the 11 December 2006 you had insufficient funds in your account.

I can confirm that the majority of our members will not pay any charges on their FlexAccount. However, we do apply a fee for a transaction that causes an unauthorised overdraft. As the cost of providing this service is high, by making a charge in this way members only pay for the services they use. There is a standard fee for an unauthorised overdraft because our costs are the same regardless of the amount and the number of days the account has gone overdrawn.

As you'll be aware, if an item is paid, which takes you over your agreed overdraft limit, we'll issue you with a charge. This also applies if an item is returned unpaid on your account. These charges are in accordance with the terms and conditions, which you agreed to when you signed the application form to open your account. If you'd like further details of our charge tariffs a leaflet called 'FlexAccount Interest Rates and Charges' is available from our branches.

We'll make sure you're notified of any pending charges on your monthly statement and we'll always make you aware of any changes to the tariff.

I hope this helps to clarify our position and that you can appreciate why I am unable to refund any further charges on your account. If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to call us on 01793 576760.

Yours sincerely

Zowie Pile

Customer Administrator

Member Account Servicing