BankFodder BankFodder

justbrilliant

Justbrilliant -v- Natwest ***WON***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4677 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello peeps. Wondered if someone might be able to answer my simple question? I have followed the procedure of letters up to the point where i started MCOL last week. The date of Issue was the 31/5/07. Does the 14 days that NatWest has to reply include weekends or is it deemed as "working days" only? i.e. is the 14 days up on the 20/6 or 14/6? Thanks!

Its 14 calender days so includes week ends

Thanks Meols, that's just brilliant.

Hi all, advice please. Just received offer for full amount minus interest from Natwest. Letter was dated one day before I started MCOL, yet it turned up today, 8 days in the post??????

As i have started MCOL but they havn't acknowledged yet, should I stick it out and hope i get a settlement plus the interest, or accept their offer?

Entirely up to you whichever way you want to play it. You've paid the MCOL fee now which Natwest are unlikely to pay back, you could try ringing them and asking if they'll up the offer to include it, but its unlikely I would have thought. And you certainly won't get the 8% wihtout going to court.

Depends if you want to go all the way or not and get the fees plus the 8% when you get a settlement. Its your call, only you can decide, but whatever you decide, we're all right behind you.

Wendy x

Deal or no deal the decision is yours. Is the interest alot ? and are you in need of the settlement urgently. If you are not in need of the money urgently then carry on. Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks for your replies. Tough call eh?! The interest would be about £1800 on top of the £5900 they offered me today.

Is that just the 8% interest???? Not exactly peanuts is it.....

It is yes, I should maybe talk to my wife when she gets in from work, a womans perspective is always right.

:) Well, thew wife said it's my call. So today I've decided to accept the offer and stop MCOL. Good stuff, that's £5915.00 returned to me. Thanks everyone.

Well done and congratulations, you're just a few days ahead of me with my first Natwest mcol....hope I am up soon!

Thanks for your inspiration, it is a real encouragement to read the success stories!

Yode

Yode v Egg - smashed after 4 weeks

Yode v NatWest battle to the end (mcols issued) waiting retaliation

Sign the petition to the Prime Minister here:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/bankcourts/

Thanks

Bank - NATWEST

CLAIMED - £5489.99

SETTLED - £5489.99

Took about 3 months from start to finish and got the the stage where COBBETTS defended my money claim online submission.

Then out of the blue 7 days later, got the letter offering my full amount minus interest.

Please note, this was purely as a goodwill gesture and in no way an admission of liability! YEAH RIGHT NATWEST!!!!

Stick at it, it can be done!

user_offline.gif

I've just received defence from Cobbetts too - did yours have lots of legal jargon and a request for further information? I think they are trying to scare me off!

Just got the full £5915 transfered into my account yesterday, only 4 days after sending acceptance letter.:)

Keep going everyone....it works!!!

"Just brilliant for you." CONGRATULATIONS and Well done. A real sprint. :)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Just brilliant, brilliant. Glad you got your money, wish they would cough up over here!

Yode

Yode v Egg - smashed after 4 weeks

Yode v NatWest battle to the end (mcols issued) waiting retaliation

Sign the petition to the Prime Minister here:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/bankcourts/

Thanks