style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Need help before tomorrow.

Been to court over council tax bill and had a liability order set.

I sent them a letter giving an offer of £25 month with income and expend.

Heard nothing, until today when got a notice of attendence adding another £50 on top.

Called rossendales and they say they never got my letter......

I spoke to the bailiff and he said we could meet tomorrow and he needs to take a goods list. If i refuse he will pass it to the van people?? (He said the heavies).

He said if i couldnt pay in full he would have to add about £50.

Need advice quickly.....please......:|

DO NOT LET THEM IN THE HOUSE BY ANY MEANS - Phone the council and explain that you have sent them a letter with a reasonable offer but Rossendales are refusing to accept this. Ask the Council to agree to this and phone Rossendales and tell them to accept this.

Tell them the exact wording they used and that you feel intimidated and would like to communicate through the council with them. Also have you had any other communications with them

SFx

If your council refuses to help, which they often do, and the bailiff comes round dont let him in for a start, he is NOT ALLOWED to force his way past you. have a witness with you go outside to talk to him if you have to,closing your door behind you. Hand him a copy of the letter you sent, and ask him for a receipt, if he refuses you have a witness to this. Tell him its a copy of the letter that you sent with an offer of payment and you will look forward to hearing from his company with regards to this offer. Doing this you are showing that you are willing to pay. If he starts with threats of calling the police or any threatening behavior towards you ask him for his name and badge number and tell him if he dosnt leave you will be forced to call the police and report this incident to his employers and to the council that is involved. good luck

They have not refused my offer they say they never got it.

I am sending another one today recorded delivery and called the bailiff to say that i will not meet him tomorrow due to another letter to rossendales.

Found a letter on a post about bailiffs and council tax.

Should this be the last i hear from him??

What if they do not accept my offer??

(£35 a month on £845 debt over 24 months).

They have not refused my offer they say they never got it.

I am sending another one today recorded delivery and called the bailiff to say that i will not meet him tomorrow due to another letter to rossendales.

Found a letter on a post about bailiffs and council tax.

Should this be the last i hear from him??

What if they do not accept my offer??

(£35 a month on £845 debt over 24 months).

if they do refuse then I suggest to get some legal backing or give your local CAB a call

I would be surprised if they do accept it over 24 months, however, an argument you can use to the council is if they up it then you will be unable to pay this years council tax. (Unless it is this years).

Have you spoken to the council yet?

SFx

[quote=marky74;881969

I spoke to the bailiff and he said we could meet tomorrow and he needs to take a goods list. If i refuse he will pass it to the van people?? (He said the heavies).

He said if i couldnt pay in full he would have to add about £50.

Need advice quickly.....please......:|

Just to add to the other good advice on here - from what you are saying the bailiffs have never gained entry into your property so have not levied on any goods yet?

They are limited what they can charge for where no ntry gained & no levy made - It's £24.50 for 1st visit & £18 for 2nd visit - they can't charge for man with a van or anything else AT ALL where there is no valid levy. If you have a car park it a couple of streets away if possible.

If you find your local authority unhelpful (some will say they can't take the debt back but they can at their discretion ) you should ask your local councillor to intervene for you and put the money you have offered aside anyway so you have a lump sum to offer. As the bailiffs are so limited in what they can charge they will have to pass the warrant back at some point anyway.

Marky 74 Please make a list of all calls/times/visits etc etc.. It might be usefull later.. The bu**ers had £££hundreds out of me over 4 years for visits/vans they couldnt possibly have made.. I never had the benefit of this site, so if there is one golden rule its allready been said

"" DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LET THEM IN ""

(can you borrow a big ferocious barking dog) ? Its not that bad honest, but you have to stand up for youself GOOD LUCK....

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.