Checkoutdolly V's Barclays

checkoutdolly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have gone to do court papers today and done my spreadsheets fine but then when it comes to end bit of court papers im flumoxed with this

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

right got my charges done they work out at £1.185.00

overdraft intrest is this the 8% apr i worked out if so this comes to £265.12

but then what then hell is intrest under s.69

if it's the 0.00022p a day one how do i work this out in plain English please

have gone to do court papers today and done my spreadsheets fine but then when it comes to end bit of court papers im flumoxed with this

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

right got my charges done they work out at £1.185.00

overdraft intrest is this the 8% apr i worked out if so this comes to £265.12

but then what then hell is intrest under s.69

if it's the 0.00022p a day one how do i work this out in plain English

please

Your interest wil be auto calculated if you have used the spreadsheets from this site:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

If you have completed your spreadsheet and included what interest you were charged (this would be on your bank statements) then the spreadsheet automatically calculates the exact amount you can claim.

So: On your spreadsheet you should have a column with charges and a column with the TOTAL intested charged for the month and a seperate column calculated automatically with the amount you can actually claim.

Added on to that total of charged and interest will be the 8% statutory interest you can claim. Dont forget to include court fees etc.

Trust this explains it for you.

TCOM

Charges £xxx.xx This is your basic charges

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx This is the interest as a result of charges

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx THis is the 8% interest claimable once you issue your N1/MCOL, no sooner

Court Fee £xx.xx This is the £120/whatever you have to pay to issue N1/MCOL

Read the step by steps guide etc etc, it will get a bit more fiddly than this quite soon

Hi CD

I presume that you didn't quote any interest in your Prelim and LBA letters either? If you did, then it's the same charges + interest figures you used then.

It isn't essential to calculate the Overdraft Interest or to include it in your claim espscially if it's only a small amount and is causing you headaches.

If you're not going to include it, just remove the line Interest Overdraft from your claim.

Remeber that if you've had more charges against your bank account since sending your letters to bank, you can include these fresh charges in this one claim.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

If you look at the bottom of the spreadsheet you will have three headings.

Notes

Charges and Interest

8% Interest.

You complete the "charges and interet" one first. You include your charges from your statements and what "overdraft interest" you were charged (this is usually stated at the end of each month) also on your bank statements.

Once inputted this will automatically trasfer to the 8% interest spreadsheet which will show...

CHARGES

INTEREST CHARGES

8% STAT INTEREST

TCOM

I've got to agree with Welshcakes as i had the same probems trying to work out the overdraft interest bits too.. it really confused me (doesn't take much!) I ended up just sending off for the charges as i kindof decided that the o/d interest each month wasn't amounting to huge amounts... But i suppose that wa dthe lazy way out.. Good luck if you do manage to do it

Jo Jo

5 threads merged

please keep to the one thread when asking questions or updating .This is in your own interest as you will get much more informed advice when people can see at a glance what you have done so far :-)

• Haha 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

quick question have barclay's put a stay in all claims mine is in and due to hear from them by next monday the 13th. i f we don't can judgment still be requested or has this all gone out of the window. Groaning at the thought of a two year wait as predicted in news

could anyone help and put me the link back on my thread the one to see which courts are proceeding i cant seem to find it anywhere

not that im hopeful barclays just putting in stays left right and centre determind to draw it out and put people off claiming in first place i think