conalot v yorkshire bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im in need of any help or advise in my fight with yorkshire bank im reclaiming over £3000 in charges etc an have jut returned my AQ on by the completion date 30 may and recieved a copy of theirs from mrs ross on sat it seems that mine is the same as all the others that i have seen on this site. as yet i have had no responce from them as to settling this with me only the bog standard no your not getting ya money back letters an im feeling like im getting knowhere so any tips on what to do next would be great an is there an end in sight thanks to anyone who responds to my plight

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can anybody tell me how long before i will hear from the courts as what to do next after the AQ deadline as what to do next an what can i be doing to prepare im going nuts just waiting if im doing something it keeps me focused thanks

can anybody tell me how long before i will hear from the courts as what to do next after the AQ deadline as what to do next an what can i be doing to prepare im going nuts just waiting if im doing something it keeps me focused thanks

Can't really answer that I'm afraid. I think it all depends on each individual court and how busy they are. I got my court date letter through within 2 weeks of the AQ deadline but maybe my local court isn't as busy. My only advice for you would be to read up on everything in the court bundle and make sure you understand it all :D I started preparing all the documents within a word document so that I had it all ready to print off.

Keep us all updated on your progress and if you need any advice don't hesitate to ask and someone will be there to answer and give good moral support.

Good luck with your claim.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

just thought id update my deadline for the AQ's to be handed in was 30th may and i have still heard nothing from the courts or the bank apart from recieving a copy of YBs AQ on the saturday after the deadline looks like its a waiting game at least im earning interest!!!!!!! £££££££££££££

:confused:heard from courts in the post this morning recived Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing) the judge has considered the statements of case and allocationquestionaires filed and allocated the claim to the small claims track the hearing is to take place on a date fixed at Middlesbrough County Court and should take no longer than 30 minutes. and there is an attached order. with the following directions to apply to the claim. 1) each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents(including expert reports if the court has given permission for expert evidence to be used) on whitch he intends to rely at the hearing. 2) The copies shall be delivered by 4pm on wednesday,11th July 2007 3) The original documents shall be brought to the hearing. 4) Signed statements setting out the evidence of all witnesses (including expert witnesses if permition has been given to use them) on whom each party intends to rely shall be prepared and copies included in the documents mentioned in paragraph 1. This includes the evidence of the parties themselves and of any other witnesses whether or not the witnesses are going to come to court to give evidence. and finally must inform court ofimmediatly if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date. HELP HELP HELP im a bit confused now does this mean I could be at court soon after the date to hand my bundle in an im not sure what to hand in to be honest i know there is the basic court bundle on this site an have been saving it to file and reading it but am not sure exatly what im supposed to include IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE i have understud the whole process until now???????????? thanks to anyone in advance who responds:confused: :confused:

Don't worry you on on the home straight now. The bank will most probably fold now they have to comply with directions from the court. You need to start on your court bundle. Have a good read through this. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html#post553523 . Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Conalot you will be fine.

As long as you are prepared and your bundle at the court 14 days before the hearing.

When i got to the courts the agent represting YB was there with only 2 pieces of paper, you could tell he had put a lot of time and effort into it,not.

Good luck.

My YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 09/02/07: LBA 17/02/07

Wifes YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 23/11/06: LBA 27/11/06: Offer Rejection 17/12/06: MCOL 09/02/07

Joint YB account: S.A.R. 11/10/06: Prelim 09/02/07: LBA 17/02/07

My FD account: Settled

Wifes FD account: Settled

im a bit confused the notice of allocation to the small claims track i recieved say that copies shall be delivered to the court by wednesday 11th july. an that is the only date on it is that deadline for me to hand in my bundle or my actual court date im unsure

It is the date to hand in your court bundle. You say you are following a link on the MSE

site. I am unfamiliar with the contents of their court bundle. I myself have used the CAG court bundle. Which has proved very effective and is very thorough and proven to work. The choice is yours, but don't take the easy way and cut corners, because they will spot any shortfalls. Good luck.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

thanks i have used the court bundle of this site it was reading relavent threads of the forum on the MSE site that i found useful just in helping me understand exactly what im doing sorry i wasnt a bit clearer in explaining that my head was mashed with all this when i wrote my post

went to court with a friend this morning to offer support (her divorce was finallised) so while i was there i thought id ask where the small claims were dealt with so im not so lost when i do go and the really nice security guard showed me where and i told him i had a date to hand in my bundle and he said that my case would be about 10 days after that. I was wondering do i get mine in earlier than the deadline date and do i send the banks copy to them or hand it in to the court? And I am living and breathing paper work but would appreciate any tips on what to include ive printed the bundle from here and followed the guide to the later stages but would welcome any suggestions in case i miss something out thank you

hi mandy,

i am following the guide to the later stages at the moment i havnt fully listed what im going to include at the moment im just following the guide and saving to file/printing anything that i find on the site that might be relevent an reading up Im getting jittery myself have you printed of your court bundle etc im just sorting a list out ill post what ive done so far asap when is your bundle to be handed in ive got about 2 weeks left and my printer is on overtime

jeanette*

He Jeanette,

Just found that section and there is smoke coming from my printer at the moment, if you don't mind it would be good to keep each other posted to make sure that we aren't missing anything. Will try to get my bundle ready by Wednesday, so I will let you know what I have included.

Mandy

Reclaiming £2200 from Yorkshire Bank 5.2.07

hi

im not surprised your printer is smoking i have used a full black ink in mine and not even printed out that much. I havnt been of the pc doing this since I got my hand in date. Ill aim to put a list of what i am putting in 4 wed as well, thanks its good to know that some one is at the same point as me thanks.

jeanette

another tip 4 you i have printed out the case guidance notes on bringing your case to court id put the link up but have no idea how (just learning to use pc) an They are really helpful also i printed out Examples of Wittness statements/diclosure by list/case summary just to give me an idea how to set things out i printed the whole lot then i have something to go off bye for now Jeanette

Hi Jeanette

Just how sad am I, I have completed my bundle as I think it should be, here is a list of what I have included, take a look and see how it compares...

Statement of Evidence – Pre-estimate version

Copies of all statements

Schedule of charges – spreadsheet as sent to the bank originally

Copies of all letters i.e. LBA – 2 copies as sent to bank

List of claims won

General Form of Judgement or Order – Gary Herring v Lloyds TSB 26.10.06

House of Commons Whistleblower meeting – Press release

CYNthesys summary

Relevant case law to penalty charges (printed from court bundle )

The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999

Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977

Supply of Goods& Services Act 1982

Default Banking Charges - PIMS Early Day Motion

OFT action on credit card default charges

Transcript of interview with Peter McNamara

BBC News – The Money Programme bank commission

Australian default charges report – Nicole Rich

Speak to you when you emerge from the mountains of paper!!!

Mandy

Hi Jeanette, I have been advised to add the following things to the bundle, I have managed the top and bottom one, but the Media Release Consumer Law Centre is proving tricky, I just can't find it.

Schedule 2 Analysis of unfair Terms

Media Release Consumer Law Centre Victoria

2004 Half year Financial Results edited transcript -National Australia Bank

I also wondered if you had managed to find a copy of terms and conditions, I know I didn't keep this, god why am I so mad on shredding!!!:Cry: :-|

Keep up the good work:)

Mandy

guys, you have no idea how glad i am to read a post were i am at the same stage.

i too found the court bundle daunting and hopefully wanting some advice on, mainly do i print the full 44 pages?

anyway i too am from middlesbrough conalot so i will be very interested to see how your claim goes and any info you can give me.

my date is set for 7th september but my bundle has to be in by 17th july so im trying to get a head start now

i know it sounds as if im stupid and i have no idea what im putting in my bundle but if you get anywere near completion of your bundle would you be so kind to thourough list what you have put in so i have a greater understanding of what i need

many thanks