• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

conalot v yorkshire bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just wish there was more we could do. This is so frustrating.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well the supermarkets are the latest addition to join the long list of companies found out to be ripping off its customers, is there no company in this godforsaken country who has any morals at all were mony is concerned. Anybody got a canoe I can borrow for a year or two!!! ;) ...................

• 1 month later...

Hi Jeanette

Good to hear you are still snapping and snarling at the banks and judges. Hope you have a better outcome with this hearing, though I think its probably a futile hearing. Hope I am wrong though. Don't give up the fight though!!

Mandy xx

Reclaiming £2200 from Yorkshire Bank 5.2.07

HI there, best of luck on the 12th and will be interesting to see how the judge views what will be the undoubted request for a further stay from YB.

I am about to get round to making contact with my local court as my stay is up on 11/3 and so will be waiting with baited breath.

Abit late now for you, but wondered whether prior to any second hearing, it would be worth makign another attempt at getting the judge to set draft directions regarding disclosure of costs?

Did you submit anythign different from the first court date?

Best of luck again

hi RossD1968, an thanks for your good wishes , its was the judge that ordered my stay an didnt show up for the telephone hearing he ordered check out my thread as ive posted what has happened so far. Its been a long road for me. The date of issue on my claim is end march 2007 so will soon be a year since started my claim through the courts, was nov year before i first sent letter 2 bank, The stay was put on my claim days before my court date. Ill be honest am not expecting anything this time with the test case still underway but lets hope we all get the result we want from this test case very soon. Will be great to see the words "WON WON WON " again getting posted

A big thank you to all the help an support from my fellow CAGGERS wouldnt of been able to do this without it. An when i finally get my cash back the first thing will be a donation to this wicked site xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:cool:

Yes come on Jeanette. I think we can guess the result but I hope you at least got to have your say this time.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 11 months later...

hi there guys long time no post .. am bk ...with a question .....in my letter i got informing me of the stay put on my claim i seem to remember it said that i had to wait till the final judgement of the test case or a month after the 31st october 2008 which ever came soonest to apply for a judgement on my claim is that still in force or wot am a bit confused ...does it mean i can apply or wot where do i stand

hi, i am so glad someone has posted on here again.

i too am totaly out of the loop now, my case was put on hold 2 weeks before i was due in court and i am none the wiser were i stand?

any help and i would be very interested to listen

my case was stayed days before my court date an have applied unsuccessfully to have it removed but i do remember the letter saying that i had to wait for either a final judgement of the test case or a month after the 31st october 2008 am curious to c if it still stands an i can now do something about finally gettin my money back an if so wot do i do next ............any help would be wicked thanks y all :confused:

if a judgement hadnt been given on the case the letter states i can apply for a judgement on my case a month after the31st oct 08 ..an it has passed that so surely i must b able to do something now regardless if final judgement has been given or not on the test case i had forgotten about it as i recon many others have aswell

maybee you are right, i cant remember anything about a judgement but then again im not sure were the letter is i recieved from the bank, its been so long. ill keep looking at this thread incase anything arises but i dont think my advice would be sufficient. :)

check out ya past posts i did as i dont remember to hand where the original letter is at min but i think its on page 5 of mine i mention the letter informing me of the stay an i have mentioned the date 31st oct as a deadline if final judgement hadnt been reached i am going to hunt out the letter to c wot it says exactly

My opinion for what is worth would be that the courts are quite happy to keep the stays on and just sit on our court fees, as they have managed to close the floodgates and I doubt they would have the bottle to do the right thing no matter what your letter say's Jeanette, hope I am wrong but I think we could still be having this conversation in 2020. :rolleyes:..............

am going to hunt out the original letter an we will c ....i like u think am wasting my time an yeh we will still be talking bout this 4 years to come but it aint over till the fat lady sings ... is good to see familiar names are still on here hi to u all xx