style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I have been away and i see that Announcment that the chat room is closed has been removed is it going to re open it did a lot of good I have been pm about a nother chat room on another site but would prefer this one back please can someone clarify :(:)

Guest ChloeJane

Just thought I would annoy Dave for a moment and ask..............the same question!

While patience is a virtue....is there not some idea...of when it will return?

My msn messenger looks the chat room whose who! Just a small prod for an answer and some light at the darkness tunnel of still no chat room....

CJ

Not sure at the moment if the chat room really needs to come back. If you look at MSE there is no chat room there at all and it has not changed the way the site functions. The question i think that should be asked is that would it benefit everyone by returning or will it sink back into what it later became. I would say in all honestly that the chat room may enhance the site by making instant answers available in real time but may detract as a Mod or Site Helper would have to sit in the chat room daily in case things got out of hand. Sooo keep it closed i would say.

I came I saw I helped. I could do no more.

Guest ChloeJane

I could well understand Bankfodder and Daves decision to keep it closed.

It is a shame, but a few did mess it up for many that really enjoyed the chat room and held the value of why it was there.

Not going to ask again, as will take it by the lack of response from either Dave or Bankfodder or a moderator that there is any news that is hopeful by a long shot.

Well it will be back to threads, I was just one of many that enjoyed its worth.

CJ

personally I think it should come back a lot of people popped in during the day for advice because they had recieved a letter or something and needed help the evenings were different a different type of chat but still helpful to so many lets hope if othersites can do it im sure some one here can sort it out

Unfortunately, if rights are abused, they are removed.

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The announcement has simply been moved to a different place.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/95245-security-breach-closure-chat.html

You may also be interested to know that we are also now trying to deal with an issue of missing money.

Several hundreds of pounds which was accidentally paid to the Admin Assistant and which we are trying to recover. Despite many messages about it, the admin assistant has made no attempt to communicate with us and we conclude that the admin assistant is trying to keep the money.

These are funds which have been paid to us over a period of time in donations by our Users who expected that their money would be used for the benefit of the CAG and its campaign.

At the moment we have funded legal advice on the Berwick v Lloyds case. With Martin Lewis we are funding the strikeout representations in Hull, we are investigating the possibility of forcing a test case which we would have to fund as well and we are also hoping to improve the site with some professional help.

We can ill-afford to lose this money.

...we are investigating the possibility of forcing a test case which we would have to fund as well...
Just a suggestion mind...

But a nice juicy Claim which involves Pre 6yrs, Contractual Interest, +£5,000, the Removal of a Default and Wasted Costs, plus possibly any substantiated Consequential Loss, would cover most Claimants wishlists with regards a successful Test Case.

It would be all to easy to go for a safe 'bog-standard' Penalty Charges etc + s69 Statutory Interest type Claim!

Just a suggestion mind...

But a nice juicy Claim which involves Pre 6yrs, Contractual Interest, +£5,000, the Removal of a Default and Wasted Costs, plus possibly any substantiated Consequential Loss, would cover most Claimants wishlists with regards a successful Test Case.

It would be all to easy to go for a safe 'bog-standard' Penalty Charges etc + s69 Statutory Interest type Claim!

Precisely what we had in mind

Worries me too. Makes me think that I am becoming too mainstream in my legal thinking and that I need to move it on a little.

Well try what Im doing with my mortgage penalty charges I am making a part 8 application for the mortgage company to give an account to the court of all charges taken from the money we recieved for selling the house this covers penalty and erc etc the application goes in to the chancery division in the high court on monday

Worries me too. Makes me think that I am becoming too mainstream in my legal thinking and that I need to move it on a little.
To walk along the path towards egalitarian enlightenment, one has to place the next step on a foundation that balances one's mass(es), for it is that, that will form the springboard for the step that has yet to be thought of......mtm...(circa 2007)

P.S....Have still to suss that 'rice paper walking' thingy out!...lol...:D

I think people need to move on from the continual discussion of the chat room and its closure and withdraw all comments that are subject to investigation by the police. There is always two sides to any story but the police should be the ones to decide on EVIDENCE and it should not be played out on this site so as not to prejudice that process. If she has taken money as stated above and was not entitled to it under employment law then i am sure suitable measures will be in place to recoup those funds through the civil court.

I am sure that once the police investigation is complete the bear garden could come back maybe as a new entity ie from scratch so that users can have a bit of a laugh and a joke and providing no attacks come to the Mods team who do after all a tough job.

As I said before MSE works extremely well without a chat room and while its membership is about 2.4 million(i believe) there is a lot of threads that people can be looking at and helping with. I think this is the fifth thread with regards to the chat room. The security announcement is clear and concise. If you do get bored you can always read through other threads enhancing your own knowledge, just a suggestion.

I came I saw I helped. I could do no more.

Thanks for YOUR opinion if you dont want to be involved in a chat room fine you need not enter no one has to only those who want to ,all life is a choice if you arnt happy with something then dont take part but dont presume to know what is best for others

Hi you all!!!

I for one would love that chatroom back too . I was on holiday with the money that i won back through the help of this site,came back and all hell had broken lose and the chatroom was gone :o .

Now I can understand some of the reasons behind the closure,but would have thought that by now things would have calmed down.Or not?? And what I dont get is this . If and I say IF cos i dont know etc.money has gone missing,what has the chatroom got to do with it??? Or the closure,what good does it do for it to be closed???

Plz if somebody could explain i would be very very grateful.and YES i have seen the security breach etc.

Trish

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

Well i for one think we have had our answer to if/when the chat room will be reopening...i dont think it will.

That is the choice of the owners of this site, their choice and no matter how much we ask the question, the answer is still the same !!!!

If that is the case i'm sorry i like a lot of people want a chat room if this is not going to reopen than no doubt we will all look else where I have tried to be loyal I think I have contributions which i can give that will help people but I also have a need and a harmless chat when i need one especially at night it brightens the day and makes you feel that you are not the only one with troubles it can make you laugh . If the owners of this site in there wisdom dont want to reopen it well that is there choice I will still give any advice i can to help others who are going through what I have been through and my advice might or might not help but I can go with reluctance like somany others elswhere

that is my last post on this subject for which I am truely sorry

Well i for one think we have had our answer to if/when the chat room will be reopening...i dont think it will.

That is the choice of the owners of this site, their choice and no matter how much we ask the question, the answer is still the same !!!!

Yes very good reply indeed,and all i asked was simply why.But I shall respect whatever the outcome may be.It is simply like Bona mentioned that I miss the instant help we were able to give and also the brightening of the day etc. We did after all have many a funny night in there before all the trouble started.But hey I wont argue its just such a shame.And Bona,dont leave the grass aint always greener and all that........

Trish xxx

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks