BigBadDad v Midland

jotty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent off my SAR to HSBC asking for my old Midland statements going back to mid 80's, they sent me the usual we dont have them reply. However I found to my amazement that I had kept most of my statements going back to 1988 and have spent last few days preparing a spreadsheet of charges.

From March 1988 until July 1997 I was done for over £4000 worth of charges (nearly £9000 with interest).

So I am going to start the process but would welcome a little advice first.

Should I break it down into more manageable bits with most recent first thus avoiding Fast Track.

I note there is a copy of 1996 t&c's on here which I can use but would it be prudent to ask for 1988 ones as well.

Thanks

Hi jotty, if you PM me your e-mail address I will email the T&C's for 1996 to you. As for your claim, this is abit out of my depth. I only know of one person who won a claim that went back a long way. I will try and find it and post it on your thread.

Here it is

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/33005-bong-hsbc-contractual-interest.html?highlight=bong

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update, I have had the usual fob off letters, just got one this morning saying they dont keep statements beyond 6 yrs etc. So as I have a few gaps in my statements because I dont have them I am tempted to send an estimated claim in based on those I do have. This would mean they either agree or 'find' some statments and admit to lying about not keeping beyond 6 yrs.

I am aware of the pre 6 yr pitfalls so am breaking my claim up into manageable chunks based on how far back I can go. The actual total between 1987 and 2001 is nearly £8000 with interest.

Having already got £7000 from Barclays and nearly £5000 from Cap One I have nothing to lose.

i'd just run it by a site helper or moderator. i seem to remember somewhere it saying not to break them into chunks as it could be seen as trying to get around the rules somehow. as jo says - it's a little out of the norm and we would want you to get it right - i'd pm a mod. to check out your thread. they will know about the estimating angle as well.

• 1 month later...

Update on this claim, I submitted court proceedings on 6th August, got the usual letter this morning from Bolton County Court informing me of the stay etc. As my claim relates to charges from as far back as 1990 can I still request the stay be lifted using the template on here, or does it make a difference because the charges go back so far.

BTW my claim totals just under £5000 with interest etc.