HaleVHalifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well this is my second bank sending DPA request (HaleVEgg). The site has given me the confidence to start the ball rolling.

My halifax account was closed by them over a year or so ago. I used it as my main current account then got an FD account as they were prepared to give me a £800 overdraft and Halifax just £500. But I left the account open maxed out to £500 overdraft. Interesting they cancelled my account without telling and send Debt recovery, which I paid. (They never actually asked me directly for the £500 back, even though they had my address).

I am sure because I was struggling with finances at the time there was many a missed DD and over limit charges. Not sure how much even, so when DPA comes back it will be a pleasant surprise. I will keep forum posted on process.

I sent DPA and fee via account holding branch at that time.

Expect it might run to £100s - have to wait. Eeeeee I have the wait it's a killer.:o

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Keep us posted.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Received reply to DPA request - Passed to Customer Relations team who will respond in due course.

Enclosed usual leaflet about how they handle complaints blar blar blar

Signed by branch assistant manager.

More waiting I guess 40 days ticking down:roll:

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

Now there is a turn up for the books. A letter today from Helen Martin of Customer Relations offering me £230 as full and final settlement. Fairly standard letter as they say if I go overdrawn again they can close my account. Yer right I closed it two years ago already.

They haven't even sent response to DPA yet so I guess someone must have done a bit of quick maths and made up the figure. I haven't got a clue how much they owe me but assume now it must be a lot more.

Questions:

1) Do I accept first offer as initial interim payment but reserve the right to claim more when they have sent response to DPA

2) Decline the offer and remind them they have just 26 days left to reply to DPA.

3) not even bother to reply and wait for DPA stuff.

4) Accept the offer (not really likely at this stage):grin:

1) Do I accept first offer as initial interim payment but reserve the right to claim more when they have sent response to Data Protection Act

2) Decline the offer and remind them they have just 26 days left to reply to DPA.

3) not even bother to reply and wait for DPA stuff.

4) Accept the offer (not really likely at this stage):grin:

I would combine 1 & 2: accept as interim, reserve the right to claim the rest and remind them of the 26 days.

They'll withdraw the offer anyway, which basically leaves you with 3.

And 4 is a definite no no

Sent letter today requesting data again and reminding them of time left i.e. 26 days. Declined offer but said would accept as initial down payment depending on conclusion of review of data when they actually send it.:rolleyes:

I guess they will promptly withdraw their offer. Need just to wait for statement etc to arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

Sent it twice don't know how!

Sent letter today requesting data again and reminding them of time left i.e. 26 days. Declined offer but said would accept as initial down payment depending on conclusion of review of data when they actually send it.:rolleyes:

I guess they will promptly withdraw their offer. Need just to wait for statement etc to arrive.

Sent LBA for Data reminding they have 10 days to comply. Hopefully I will get the statements soon. I want to know how much it is, especially as they made an initial offer before I requested any money due. I think they no more than I do at the moment but want to keep quiet.

Watch this space.:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

What surprise no statements. Even after emailing the illusive Rachel Hinchliffe. Drafted the N1 and off to Northampton County Court Monday.

Halifax are a strange bunch. Some get info quicky others take ages. Has anyone been to Court to get DPA with Halcrap bankers.

I suppose I might be lucky and the postman bring it today or tomorrow. Could do without taking a morning off work! guess I could add it to my claim as damages!

The wife rang to say no statements in the post today hey ho.

Fired of email to Rachel Hinchliffe and copy letter in the post advising off to Court for failed DPA on Tuesday 1st. Just so happens I am putting in another claim for FD that day so I can kill to birds with one stone.

Well surprise no statements. Got all excited on Saturday when the postman brought a big bundle but it turned out to be Amex.

Has anyone actually submitted a N1 for DPA and how did it go?

Well the kind Ms Rachel Hinchliffe emailed me to advise they never received my original request! strange I have sent her two emails before, have royalmail proof of delivery and a letter saying they are dealing with the matter.

Either delay tatics or sheer incompetence.???? or maybe they are busy :D

Either way they say 4-5 days. Hope they don't come while I'm on my hols next week. Post office will probably send them back if I'm not here to sign for them.

At least if they have not arrived it will be straight to Court on my return.

• 2 weeks later...

Returned from hols to find I had finally received the information on Fees and Charges. Not so easy as other banks to find info but done it now.

Total of £2200. So initial approach sent today. Now on the long wait. Well 14 days seems a long time when waiting for MY money.

• 1 month later...

finally issued money claim Wednesday. Showing as issued. Now the waiting

This is virtually the last of my banks. This time I will have plus balance and can at last make contribution to the site. sorry to the mods in taking time but even though I got paid by FD and Amex still couldn't find money. Now things look great. I will be in credit for the first time in about 6 years. Thank CAG.

Nice one Daz

bet you're glad you didn't accept their £230 offer eh

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

Ah finally aknowledged the claim. Guessing by other thread I should expect it will say they intend to defend.... Bring it on.... but suspect they will deflate me by paying up in 2 days... shame I was ready for a fight...

Guess I was wrong. Now 8 days since money claimed issues and nothing after acknowledged. Typical - most post seem to get a response in a couple of days.

Maybe they like to make me sweat -

Can someone advise. Had a response to my MCOL from Halicrap.

Two of the charges I am reclaiming are greater than 6 years. I know I can argue that the statute of limitations doesn't apply because they hid the true charges until OFT found it i.e. preventing my from exercising my legal rights. When I put in my claim I thought I'd at least try. Had a look for previous threads with no luck yet.

Not sure if it is worth a big fight for £662 out of £2579. Has anyone gone back to them on this then been paid?

Anyone out there can advise. I need to respond to Halicrap.

Ok decided to settle for this. So I guess my thread need to now read I won! :)

Waiting for dosh to arrive then ready for survey and donation!

Just Egg left.