• Tweets

• Quick update. I've now recieved a letter before action from them with a form to return enclosed, still no credit agreement however. I assume just a case of following the other thread and returning form with no CCA as the reason?
    • Thanks for coming back and letting us know. Obviously we totally disagree with their decision.  Their remortgaging could only have gone wrong if they had ended up with a CCJ.  And how do you get a CCJ?  If you lose in court and then defy the court and don't pay.  Even if you lose in court, you don't get a CCJ as long as you pay within the 30 days ordered by the court.  Even had they lost in court the judge would have disallowed the interest and the £70 Unicorn Food Tax that PE made up.  There was no advantage whatsoever for giving in and paying now. But thanks to you for letting us know - a hell of a lot of users don't.
    • Hi everyone.   Before I say anything, TFL finally responded to the email I sent last week:   Thank you for your email, we acknowledge the signed documents you have returned in preparation for your hearing.   We note that this matter is causing you some stress and anxiety, however this is not a reason for TfL to discontinue proceedings. It is not unusual for passengers that have been summonsed to court to experience these symptoms, and we do have some empathy with your concerns.   However, as previously stated, TfL do not accept out of court settlements, and you will have the opportunity at your hearing, to provide your mitigation to the court prior to a decision being reached by them on how they intend to deal with this matter (usually a fine).   I am sorry that this decision is not more favourable.   Yours sincerely   James Vallis     At least he sounds more sympathetic in this email…   Only one week to go until the court hearing and I am so so nervous. I’ve prepared some questions and answers in preparation for what to say to the magistrate. It will help calm me down if I know roughly what to expect. If you could give feedback on it that would be great. If you have anything to add please do let me know.   As far as I know the court hearing will happen in these stages: Introduction and statement of facts Pleading guilty for the journeys I made with my mother’s card Penalty sentencing Appeal (if charged with a criminal record)   Am I guilty? Yes.   Why did I not pay the fare legally? Last year there was a lot going on in my life and I was struggling financially so to relieve some of this I used my mother’s Oyster card. I know it’s not an excuse and it’s still wrong.   Why do I not accept a criminal record? I really don’t want it to affect my chances of finding a job in the future. I will be the one earning money in my family so I am doing my best and studying hard to be able to get a good job. A criminal record would mean that regardless of how hard I’m working I won’t get the job I want after I graduate. This fills me with so much regret, sadness and disappointment in myself. I just want to be a good daughter for my mother because she’s already had to deal with many hardships in her life and I don’t want to make it any harder for her.
    • HI all, This is done now. My daughter and her fella are currently in the process of remortgaging so they just paid it out of panic. Thank you anyway DX
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Tempty-Vs-Natwest

Tempty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds like the start of a blues track!!

(Dum dee dum dee dum)Oh I woke up this mornin' (dee dum dee dum) and decided to send our mr higley a letter (dee dum dee dum) OOOOOOOO, I woke up this mornin'.....

Sorry!

The letter looks fine. I don't know if it will make any differnece - it certainly shouldn't damage your claim.

Did your PoC mention the Tax Credits Act 2006? If not,make sure that it gets pride of place on your N244 if you send on in

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

LOL maybe I missed my callin ...... should have been a blues song writer.......hmmm maybe not ;)

well it's good to know I have'nt made a huge mess of things by sending it!

I seriously doubt it will do any good .... but ya never know ;)

I'll deffinatly be adding the tax credit act to the N244 (have a feeling I'll still be needing that)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting patiently for postie to come, typical today he's running late :)

Im expecting to recieve cobblers defence today hehe

still nothing in my in box from Mr higley (but I don't really expect to get a reply in all honesty)

so it's on with the waiting..........and waiting.....and waiting LOL

Let the games begin!!!

Recieved coblers defence this morning, and also a request from them for more information CPR Part 18 to be recieved by the 26th june!

ok what is CPR 18? (i have seen it mentioned by others) Where do I find it? or do I wait till the courts request it from me?

I'm assuming that the courts will request this, But just wanna make sure!

I still as yet have had no reply to the e-mail I sent to mr higley on the 11th. so unless he get's back to me this afternoon I will download the N244 and fill that in. Trouble is I registered my claim on MCOL and cobbets state they have filed their deffence in the northampton court. So do I send the N244 there or do I take it to my local? I've heard nothing from the court itself as yet, so I'm not sure on this one.

and finally....... Lol all go here today!

also recieved this morning a letter from Mr higley dated 5th june (so not related to the mail I sent)

Standard natwest

thank you for your recent correspondence. I am sorry you have concerns regarding charges that have been applied to your accout blah blah blah

we explain all our term and conditions blah blah blah, we have provided many every day banking services to customers free of charge (not me you have'nt) blah blah blah.

for these reasons, we do not agree with the basis of your complaint. we believe that the charges we levey are for providing services and that they are not penalties or charges for default, blah, blah, transparent, blah blah fair, blah,blah,blah

(gotta love this next bit though LOL)

However, having reviewed your case and as a gesture of goodwill and without admission of liability or error, in this instance we are prepared to offer the amount of £3,005.00 paid direct to your account.

Any charges that properly accrue in the future will be applied to your account in line with our published tariff Blah, Blah, Blah.

I will of course be saying 2 words to natwest regarding that offer

Erm..... NO

LOL :grin:

tempty its here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/35672-cobbetts-cpr-18-request.html

but unless ur claim is not in small claims court then u dont have to provide it anyway .there is a letter to send off about that as well

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

was just wondering... u said u claimed online with MCOL? if u are on tax credits u shouldnt have paid as u are exempt .but u have to do this personally at court to fill out forms.u wont have to pay for the AQ either

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Tempty, you can ignore Cobbetts defence completely. You dont have to even respond to it. You only respond to anything the courts request, not Cobbetts. You dont need to respond to CPR18 unless courts request it, and in your case, they shouldnt.

Wait till you get the defence from court. The one from Cobbetts at this stage is meaningless and you dont need to do anything with it, except file it carefully with your Nutwest stuff.

Wait for courts to send copy of Cobblers defence to you with further information. Just sit back and wait hun. Fendy xxxx

yea they do it to scare you like they did me! i was terrified of it til i found out i didnt have to answer their questions.....i have now but only in my court bundle ..

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

was just wondering... u said u claimed online with MCOL? if u are on tax credits u shouldnt have paid as u are exempt .but u have to do this personally at court to fill out forms.u wont have to pay for the AQ either

yeah dumb huh! I paid £120 through MCOL because I did'nt realise I would exempt from charges!

at least I can claim that charge back if I win though!

Now I'm all confussed though, because it looks as though Northampton court are dealing with it, looks like I'm deffinatly going to need to apply for changes with the N244. I don't want to pay charges for that if I don't have to and really have no idea where to take it? or what else do I need to send with it if I have to send to northampton aggrrhh see what I mean!

now if Nut west had done their bit properly from the start, none of this would have happened !!!

Tempty calm down. You will get notification through from your local court that your case has been transferred there. Just wait............. it takes a bit of time at the mo purely cos of all the claims in the system. It will be transferred locally. Just wait hun. And dont panic in the meantime. Theres really nothing to panic about. Honest............ deep breaths, count to ten, and wait............ Fendy xxx

seriously though, I guess I'll have to wait till I hear from the local court then to file the N244?

makes sense I guess. in the meantime I'll send cobbets my origional schedule and a copy of the new one, together with a copy of the mail I sent to higley. and a covering letter stateing my intention to file a N244!

that should do it for now i guess

yea it seems to take ages once its filed at court....its a game of nerve! lol

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Lol doing alot of guessing there.

god I'm glad I don't have a web cam, if you lot could see me sitting here

Hmmmmm tapity tap tap on keyboard......... well?? tapity tap tap some more......... erm........ pmsl :D

As soon as they defend it goes to your local court Norhtampton don't deal with you anymore. just send your copies then they are fore warned and have the info. Then it's back to the waiting game, not nice, but it has to be done, if you want the full amount which YOU DO!

lol! it gets easier after a while of doing this...just look at fendy!!!!!!! lol

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Yeah, dumb dark blonde bint who knows nothing but is on the verge of a win. Lol Lol. Like I keep saying, seriously, IF I CAN DO IT, THEN ANYBODY CAN, cos I am so unlegal. Lol Lol Lol and no knowing of legal jargon nor speak. Lol xxx

Must admit, I'm finding it nreve racking, but it's kinda fun aswell :)

quite frankly the offer of £3000 was an insult! and yeah yer damn right I want the full amount. I might well have settled for £5000 if higely had come back to me though!

even though he's got a few hours left to respond, does'nt look he's going to.

Yeah, dumb dark blonde bint who knows nothing but is on the verge of a win. Lol Lol. Like I keep saying, seriously, IF I CAN DO IT, THEN ANYBODY CAN, cos I am so unlegal. Lol Lol Lol and no knowing of legal jargon nor speak. Lol xxx

Lol fendy

light blonde dumb bint here :D

and I'm a total airhead when it comes to anything even remotly legal LOL

He wont, trust me. It will go all the way to submitting court bundles or alternatively telephone conference like mine did. But its just a case of when, and not if Tempty. You will win, but hang in there hun. We will look after you and ensure you dont jump any guns nor do anything wrong. We will make sure you win hun. Guaranteed. Fend xxxx

Awww see now what would i do without you guy's :)

seriously though it's really good to know you're all behind me and that we can support each other:) and have fun doing it!!

opps sorry mods off topic

cobbets

there better LOL

Right I better pull myself out of this chair and go fetch the little one (lol not so little! 10 and allomst as tall as me!) from school.

raining cat's an dog's here, he won't be a happy bunny if I'm late :)