style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When i had an Egg credit card, I was paying by standing order of £150 per month and two days later they were crediting my bank account for the same amount. I rang them and told them this but this went on for four months, and then they passed my account to a debt collection agency! Ive kept a copy of all the statements where they credited my account.

The debt collection agency, Moorcroft, contacted me and I agreed to pay £300 per month initially, and I then brought it down to £150, sending them a recorded delivery letter explaining why. The remaining debt is £1800. They sent me letters to say that I was not keeping to the original agreement of £300, so I rang them and told them that I had sent a letter to say that the new amount was £150. I also have to pay this at the post office using their payment book, paying £2 a time for the priviledge.

Anyhow, a month ago, a gentleman turned up at my door at half past nine at night to say he worked for Moorcroft and I had not been paying. I showed him my book with the stamp for £150 made the week previously. He apologised and then told me he would collect the funds in the future and his next visit would be on 29 May.

Well, he didnt turn up on 29th May and I have heard nothing since.

Not sure what to do. Should I start using the book again? Thats the first question.

2nd question - I sent a letter to Egg asking for a copy of all my statements and a cheque for £10. As Im sure they have charged me, even though I paid the standing order and can prove it. They have sent me a letter asking if I want 1) a complete list of transactions for my account including charges or 2) copies of my original statements or 3) DSIR. Does anyone know which one I should go for?

3rd - I shall be in a position in July to pay off the whole debt and I have found out that they normally give 20% off the total amount. Has this happened to anyone else?

4th - I have another credit card with a debt of £4000, to which I have sent another letter. I would like to pay this debt off too in July and I have been told there is a way to pay, and get a discount. Is this a load of rubbish that I am being told?

Hope someone can help with any of this :-x

Rose

I would be tempted to ask for all the information that they hold on you if thats possible. Make them work for thier tenner.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

As Egg are deliberately being a pain in the proverbial, I would send them clarification as below:

Please supply me with all information you may have registered about my accounts with your company. In particular I request information which includes, but is not limited to, a true legible copy of the original application forms and a true legible copy of the actual executed agreements as well as statements of the accounts from the opening date of these accounts to the present date.

I also need to see the renewed, signed and fully executed copies of the credit card agreements to include all terms and conditions which should have been issued when a new credit card was issued as laid down in S85 of the Consumer Credit ACT 1974. I also request to see full details of the deed of assignment which you have allegedly supplied to any Debt Collection Agencies dealing with these accounts.

I require disclosure of any indication or notes which you hold and notes of all telephone calls made to me by your call centre staff both in the UK and any offshore operations either within Europe or elsewhere in the world. This data is to include all written, audio and electronic correspondence and data.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The chap from Moorcroft should not have called at your door without making and appointment. He ios in breach of OFT regulations anyway by calling after 9-00pm. Contact Moorcrap and advise them that any personal callers will be treated as trespassers and police called. Read more about this shower on the forum before you agree to anything with them