new letter from bos whats this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have recieved a letter from bos which ive never had before in regards to charges they gave me has got my bank overdrawn the letter states im in breach of contract & states lists of terms & conditions & my account will be closed & they will take legal proceddings against me!! what a cheek strange that they have already recieved my lba letter & will be expecting court action to come to them soon if i stick to my threats(which i am)

whats this letter all about i have never had this before..........?:confused:

copy of letter

your acc is currently in a debit balance contary to terms & cond of the acc which state that you must not let acc go overdrawn and you must also immediately pay us the amount you are overdrawn(and any charges) so that you are no longer overdrawn

you are in breach of these cond because without agreement you have used yuour acc or allowed someone else to use it so as to make your acc go overdrawn.

To remedy the breach you must pay into your acc the sum of £**.** before 13th june

if you do not take the action required by this notice befor date shown then futher action set below will be taken against you

1) with effect from the date shown we close your acc & demand payment immediately

2) on or after date shown we will take legal proceddings against you and/or instruct a debt collection agency to recover any amount you owe us on your acc

ps this money was taken out my acc the following day & was due to charges but they know im on benefits as i lost my job due to serious ill health but they have regular payment made every month into my acc

Hi again

There is information elsewhere on this site giving advice to people on benefits who have problems with their bank removing monies.

Think it might be of some assistance- there may be a template. I think it relates to the fact that benefits eg Child Benefit is almost untouchable as it is basically there to keep the family going as a safety net.

When I read the article it made me relate to illegal money lenders that you get in some areas who charge extra high % interest and take your payment book off you until payment day and meet you outside the Post Office for the book and the money. If I find it I will pass it on.

The banks, through withdrawal of OD facilities and demanding repayment within unreasonable timescales which when combined with years of the ongoing cumulative impact of high, excessive and unlawfull banking charges are having exactly the same impact on the day to day lives of far too many people.

Don't worry, advice will be there! Regards

Hi, found the item.

It is in the General debt area and ie entitled "is the bank taking your benefits". If you cant find it enter it in the search facility on the toolbar.

It might be of some use to read through what others have been through. There may be info there which will give you more advice than I can. Any questions, just ask.

Regards and best wishes

It might help to write back to them, starting your letter with (in giant capital letters), This account is in dispute.

I start all of my letters with this, as if the account is in dispute they are not allowed to take any action, eg defaults, closing accounts etc, until the dispute is resolved.

Also, send everything by recorded delivery. I know its more expensive- we're on benefits ourselves- but it is handy when they deny all knowledge of your letter's existence.

Hope this helps- call if you need anything.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

copy of letter

your acc is currently in a debit balance contary to terms & cond of the acc which state that you must not let acc go overdrawn and you must also immediately pay us the amount you are overdrawn(and any charges) so that you are no longer overdrawn

you are in breach of these cond because without agreement you have used yuour acc or allowed someone else to use it so as to make your acc go overdrawn.

To remedy the breach you must pay into your acc the sum of £**.** before 13th june

if you do not take the action required by this notice befor date shown then futher action set below will be taken against you

1) with effect from the date shown we close your acc & demand payment immediately

2) on or after date shown we will take legal proceddings against you and/or instruct a debt collection agency to recover any amount you owe us on your acc

ps this money was taken out my acc the following day & was due to charges but they know im on benefits as i lost my job due to serious ill health but they have regular payment made every month into my acc

Standard response to you been over your limit I’ve had loads of them don't worry about it stick to your time scale for the bank charges.