Do I need to show up at court?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You need to go to court if it isn't settled or you risk your claim being struck out.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

hi new to this forum but fighting yorkshire bank too. got the obligitory letter from the solicitors offering me £200 even tho i am claiming over £4000 (thats with interest), but i decided to opt for court instead. one problem i have is that i live in hull but have been given northampton as a court site...if mine gets to the stage above how on earth do i get to the court to defend myself?

If you are suing a person in the small claims court then you must therefore be prepared to go. As Caro rightly states, if you do not turn up then you risk having your case struck out.

From what I am advised, your being present in a small claims court is no different than attending a job interview!

Preparing yourself for court is far easier than you think, but only if you take the time to go through this site and then you will see how much info is covered.