JohnL v Abbey - Please help!

Tina&John
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to Abbey on 30/5/07 to claim back my partners bank charges and I received a letter from them this morning (and a leaflet on "how to complain"!).

It says they will investigate and get back to him in 4 weeks even though I used your template letter which included this:

"I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment."

Should I be patient and wait the 4 weeks or am I being too soft?? Should I now send them the letter before action??

Thanks!

Do not wiat the 4 weeks, they will then say somthing along the lines of we need another 8 weeks, on the 14th day send them a LBA, then 14 days after that either fill in N1 or use mcol

• Haha 1
:madgrin:

hi tsaunder

i agree totally with icy, you must keep to your timetable and if you said 14 days in the last letter you sent the abbey then 14 days it must be.Abbey are just trying to slow things down when they are telling you to wait 4 weeks, hoping that you wil get fed up and give up the claim. Like icy mentioned if you did allow the abbey 4 weeks then the next letter you will receive form them is a letter asking for another 4 weeks.

Thanks, I have already prepared the letter and will send it once the 2 weeks are up! Wish me luck!!

Goes without saying but, good luck, make sure you keep us informed :)

:madgrin: