jangles v home shopping

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can’t believe I have been so silly to be paying PPI, I nearly died when they said I had paid over £1000. I wrote to littlewoods and Kays on the 7th May annoyed that I had never signed anything and why had this amount of money not showed up on my statements until now? Their answer is that it only shows up whenever you have a closing balance on your account! Evidently I was also charged on buy now pay later items! The guy on the phone said it also to cover the company if items didn’t arrive or arrived damaged (cheek)

Any way they refused to refund the money but gave me back 3 payments when I cancelled. I have now written to the chief Executive of Norwich Union Insurance and am awaiting reply.

It then occurred to me that I had charges to my account over the years so sent SAR which was acknowledged with a letter saying they would contact me later with the information.

I got a nasty red letter yesterday from Kay’s which I have replies to right away saying the account is in dispute and after reading the posts also requested a CCA agreement.

So that’s were I am right now……….Am I on the right track?

Natwest won********Dec 2006

Natwest times up next week £210

SAR requested from Lloyds £510

SAR requested on second account £800 so far

Getting started on husbands credit cards soon

Won NatWest. Bank charges returned £2,500 November 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Littlewoods April 2007

Ombudsman complaint July 2007

Littlewoods admit no CCA agreement

Refuse to refund PPI

Letter to TS August 2007

SAR Lloyds August 2007

CCa lloyds August 12th

SAR and CCa Halifax 12th Aug

To continue or not???? put it down to my stupidity or have I been ripped off?

I got this letter this morning for Norwich Union:

Further to Claims Customer Services’ letter of 25th May 2007 your complaint has been passed to me for investigation. Please accept this letter as the final decision of the Company

I would firstly advise that Norwich Union were not the underwriters of the Kay insurance policy when this was sold and I am therefore unable to offer any comment on the sale of this policy. I understand that the underwriters in 1999 were AIG Europe Limited whose head office address is : The AIG Building, 58 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M4AB. I will forward a copy of your complaint to them and ask them in investigate your complaint.

With regard to the littlewoods account, it is apparent that Mrs Cresswell at Littlewoods Insurance Services has undertaken a full investigation into this matter. I understand that this insurance has been in place on your account since at least September 1998 and that you were offered and accepted upgrades to the cover in May 1999, January 2001 and January 2004. These upgrades were offered and accepted when you were placing orders and new policy documents were sent to you on each occasion. (If docs were sent I don’t remember looking at them and I can’t understand why I would have signed up to something over the phone, very stupid I know)

Additionally , I understand that you requested cancellation of the insurance in November 2005. This cancelling to took effect on 26 November 2005 and no premiums have been debited to your account since that date. (I have put the two accounts together in my complaint, I phoned and complained when last month charges were taken from my kays account, I would have done the same in November, I think without realising how long the policy had been running and how much it was costing me, or even what it was for)

In your letter to Littlewoods dated 4th April 2007 you comment about the method of premium application to the account. I would explain that the chargeable premium is dependent on the outstanding account balance and a premium only becomes chargeable when there is a balance on the account. The purpose of the policy is to protect you liability to pay your account balance and premiums are only chargeable when there is a balance to protect, as this is the only time there is an insurable interest.

Therefore on any months when you account balance was nil , no premium would have been charged. However, on months when there was an outstanding balance. The premiums would have appeared as a clearly indefinable item on your littlewoods statements. I find it hard to accept that you would not have noticed the premiums on your statement over the number of years or sought to query the entries if you had forgotten that you hap applied for the insurance cover or were unsure as to what they related to.

Bearing in mind that this insurance came into force in 1998, premiums have appeared on each account statement that carried a balance, three upgrades have taken place and that the insurance was cancelled in 2005 (would love to hear again how it was sold to me) I am unable to accept that you were unaware of the insurance cover. I cannot therefore agree to refund you premiums in full as there is no justification for such action.

In conclusion, I am unable to agree to your request for a refund of premiums. Whilst I appreciate that this is not the decision you were hoping for , I regret that I am unable to be of assistance to you on this occasion.

This letter represents the final decision of the Company and if you remain dissatisfied you are entitled to ask the financial Ombudsman service to adjudicate by contact them within six months of the date of this letter. However, whilst a matter for the FOS to decide, I believe that you complaint might fall outside of their jurisdiction due to the dates of the specific events. An information leaflet is enclosed.

( I cant understand why I would cancel one and keep another running! I am sure I have been done)

Won NatWest. Bank charges returned £2,500 November 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Littlewoods April 2007

Ombudsman complaint July 2007

Littlewoods admit no CCA agreement

Refuse to refund PPI

Letter to TS August 2007

SAR Lloyds August 2007

CCa lloyds August 12th

SAR and CCa Halifax 12th Aug