Abbey Security breach

loz1973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: I have just been to the ATM and discovered that Abbey are now displaying my account no. and sort code on the screen. Is it only me that thinks this is private confidential information, i burn all bank info so i can't be caught out and they are displaying it on the screen to who ever is looking over my shoulder i have just sent the complaint below to abbey and will follow it through. Does anyone else think this is wrong or am i just over reacting????? :mad:

I have just been to my local ATM and found that not only have you changed the set up but you are now displaying my account no. and sort code on the screen. This is unacceptable and personal information that I do not want displayed... This is to be removed at once or I will seek legal advice and contact the OFT. I was not notified of this change nor do I give my permission for abbey to display this information. I will not stand for Abbey's complete lack of security and disregard for its customers security. I am seriously considering moving to another bank. If this security breach is not removed immediately.

Haven't noticed that on the ATM I use but then I do tend to look through my fingers when I use it. Just can't bear to see the bad news.! Was it an Abbey one or just a general LINK one? Pretty bad though I agree.

:-|

I have several accounts linked to the one card with Abbey for internet banking. If I use an Abbey cashpoint and request a cash withdrawl or a balance transfer, it always brings up all of the account details, how elese would i be able to tell which account I was using?

I wouldn't have thought that this was a huge security breach, I always make sure that I am so close to the screen, that no one would be able to see any of the information that was displayed.

What do you expect the OFT to do abouty this?

I also have a couple of accounts with abbey and before it would just flag up with the account names. Then i would chose which one i wanted it now has account no. on screen with sort codes i am still waiting for Abbey to respond. They are being as quick as ever. But it has just re-enforce my decision to find another bank... when I'm through with claiming my bank charges.

I have banked with Abbey for years but have decided to make the change.

I still think it is a major issue with all the cons and scams surrounding ATM machines at the moment.

It shows your account number on the card anyway, so not really a major risk. To be honest if someone was close enough to me to read details on the screen, I'd be more alarmed that they may have seen my PIN, or that they may be about to mug me.

Hi Andy999

Lol, there is that, I've calmed down a bit now.

But i still think it should not have been done & hope they will remove it. I went into the branch and the staff there aren't to chuffed with it either and have complained themselves. :-|