• Tweets

• Hi again all, below is another email they sent me, I just don't want to get in trouble or things to get worse with this crowd but I am taking your advice here. Anyway advice would be appreciated.   I am contacting you again after having tried to contact you both by email on 03/04/2024 and 10/04/2024, and by telephone on 10/04/2024 and 17/04/2024 to discuss the matter in relation to the regularization of the SOLIDWORKS case against xxx our company.   This is an urgent legal matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience - +44 2921 920 296.    If we do not recieve a response before 24/04/2024, we will assume that you are not willing to settle this dispute amicably. The case will then be referred back to our client with whom, ultimately, the final decision lies on the enforcement of their intellectual property rights.    Yours sincerel y, Rhys
    • If you do get a letter of Claim and or Pre Action Protocol pack 15. Where there has been non-compliance with a pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction, the court may order that (a) the parties are relieved of the obligation to comply or further comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (b) the proceedings are stayed while particular steps are taken to comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (c) sanctions are to be applied. 16. The court will consider the effect of any non-compliance when deciding whether to impose any sanctions which may include— (a) an order that the party at fault pays the costs of the proceedings, or part of the costs of the other party or parties; (b) an order that the party at fault pay those costs on an indemnity basis; (c) if the party at fault is a claimant who has been awarded a sum of money, an order depriving that party of interest on that sum for a specified period, and/or awarding interest at a lower rate than would otherwise have been awarded; (d) if the party at fault is a defendant, and the claimant has been awarded a sum of money, an order awarding interest on that sum for a specified period at a higher rate, (not exceeding 10% above base rate), than the rate which would otherwise have been awarded. https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct   .
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Thanks all! My wife was driving at the time (took our daughter to get new school uniform) and I wasn't there so I'm not sure what the signage was actually like, but yes, Parkopedia says 2:30, so it's barely over that. I will check it out with her when she gets home later, I haven't even told her about this yet as she'll probably be quite upset. So - likely my best response at this stage is to just wait it out until a Letter Before Claim arrives?
    • check mcol does it state DQ N180 sent to you? if it does then: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5088148 3 copies yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket) 1 wit you Suitability for determination without a hearing? no (that the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally') the rest is obv 1 to the court 1 to their sols (omit phone/sig/email) if no sols send to claimant 1 for your file   dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Threat of legal action (lloyds) excess overdraught wholly their charges

dontbringlulu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to the forum I was just wondering if anybody can help me. I have an overdraught facility with lloyds which I exceeded(about 3 months ago), when a direct debit put me over my limit, although a payment was due to go into the account the following week which would have covered it. Since then I have accrude £199 in bank charges. I paid £78 pounds last week(which brought it down to this figure). I have since received several phone calls (which were quite threatening & intimidating, in their tone & content), and today received a letter informing me that unless I pay the full ammount within 18 days they will take me to court, detailing everything that will happen to me. I would like to make a claim for all my previous bank charges as these would be quite substancial, but in the first instance is there anything I can do now which will hold back the bank from its threats.

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I think I understand the process, but by the time I send off, and receive all my bank charges for the last 6 yrs (which from what Ive read the banks will drag their feet as much as they can) this threat of legal action will have taken place. I didn't want to jeperdise my claim in the future, just have something concrete to tell the bank, e.g something like, that I will be making a full claim in the near future, for all my punitive bank charges, and that I will be making a counter claim for the charges incured recently as they were all bank charges. Would this work or has anybody got any ideas, I'm desperate to get this sorted as we are hopefully moving within the next month.

If they do follow up their threat of commencing proceedings (unlikely) then you can counterclaim for your penalty charges in extinguishment.

Banks use intimidation tactics, it is really sad and they do work on a lot of people.

Just follow the FAQs as above and take things one step at a time. You will find around 4 years of statements on line if you do not have them, do a prelim and LBA based on those years and estimate the other years as appropriate. Then by the time you come to file your claim at court you should have the remaining statement to firm up your previous estimates.

Thanks guidoT, very helpful, I thought that when you wrote to the bank that they were legally bound to send out all of your bank charges, the ammounts & dates they were incured, not all of your statements, is that right?

I am not sure on the legal position, but I know Lloyds usually send a schedule of the charges rather than the actual statements.

I too was trying to recover my 'real' statements but with no luck, so I stamped my feet recently as they had passed the 40 day allowance in response to my SAR request and also my 14 day reminder letter.

I have now managed to get a list of the charges AND a full photocopy of statements for two accounts - I got these in a flood of mail THE FOLLOWING DAY - eek!!

What I found interesting was where I had sent the letters, and where the replies had came from? 1st ltr sent to my business centre in Southampton - but it was received in Manchester but the reply came from the Copy Statement Centre in Birmingham. 2nd ltr sent to CSC, Birmingham, BUT the reply came from my OWN branch in Littlehampton (signed, pp Copy Statement Unit - ah ha), with full copy statements going back to 2001.

I noticed that the first 'Dear John' ltr came from the Customer Recovery Centre, Andover (apparently according to them they are the guys who will eventually repay you): Tel: 01264-832297/832915/725214/832238. I rang them, very helpful, gave me an update off their computer and was told that they would chase the Copy Statement Unit, Birmingham.

I was now made aware that because of the huge number of requests they were just sending the list of charges to keep up with the DPA. THEN I found out that anything before Sept01 was kept on microfiche - this is obviously a time consuming task to recover, print and send, and where were they kept?

So, realising that the 'real' statements had come from my own branch I rang them; lady told me that they could only go back to Sept01 (she was quite snotty at first), and it seemed to me that this is what she had been told to say; I told her this was rubbish as they had to comply with the DPA and that 6-months were missing from my claim date. I also told her that some members of the CAG had managed to go back 15yrs - so after a short while she fiddled with her computer, her attitude changed, and even wished me good luck with my claim; she also told me that the 'flood' of applications had now slowed down -;) the next day I received a list of charges from CSU and full statements from Littlehampton

Lessons learnt (I think imho) are requests for copy statements go to CSU, BHX (this would have saved me 7 days if I had done this). Prelim ltr to Andover and not BHX, another saving of 7 days; likewise LBA to Andover and not LDN.

Hope this helps

• Haha 1

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

I recently saw off Nationwide's solicitors, Bryan Carter and Co, and their debt collectors Fredrickson International Ltd with this letter....

Obviously edit it to fit your own circumstances, since you don't have an actal amount yet you could just say you estimate the charges will be far in excess of the alleged debt.

This debt is disputed, as BANK NAME knew prior to instructing you. I believe that your instruction and subsequent correspondence is nothing more than an attempt to intimidate me and I will be bringing this to the attention of the District Judge if you issue proceedings against me. Rest assured that I am not in the least intimidated by your threats and should you issue proceedings I will file a counterclaim for the sum of £XXXXXX, being the total amount of unlawful charges debited in the last six years, plus statutory interest and costs.

In any event, should your Clients fail to repay the above sum within the next 14 days, with statutory interest since they have unlawfully deprived me of this money, I will be issuing proceedings against your Clients. I enclose a copy of a letter [this is the standard L.B.A in the templates section] which I have today sent to your Clients together with a schedule of charges and interest.

As regards the final paragraph of your letter, I am fully aware of the pre-action protocols and I consider that the above mentioned copy letter, which outlines the basis of my counter claim, fulfills the requirements of the protocols. Furthermore I do not consider that your letter does fulfill the requirements because your Clients allege a debt which is entirely made up of unlawful charges and you have not stated the basis on which your Clients will attempt to prove the fairness of these charges if you issue proceedings. I therefore look forward to hearing from you with these details so that I can understand your Clients arguments.

Got a letter from Nationwide's sols about a week later saying they were no longer instructed and had returned the file to their Clients.

Maybe you'd be best not cutting'n'pasting but type up something of your own along these lines or even look in this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/83228-help-totally-confused.html

Where ChloeJane gives some excellent advice.

• Haha 1

Hi,When I asked Lloyds for my statements they did post the last six years of statements to me. I bet my postman had a fit, there must have been over 100 envelopes all delivered to me at the same time. But don't let it put you off, just set aside a quite afternoon and go through it.