Salisburyowl-v- Natwest

salisburyowl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Send it to

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9WF

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

• 2 weeks later...

I phoned my branch and was advised by a seemingly nice lady that because my account is a closed one that I should send my request to a freepost address in Boreham wood. Anyway it was deemed as being delivered on the 7th June. Guess it's a waiting game now....did a previous claim against the halifax which went smoothly....what are Nat West like ?

I phoned my branch and was advised by a seemingly nice lady that because my account is a closed one that I should send my request to a freepost address in Boreham wood. Anyway it was deemed as being delivered on the 7th June. Guess it's a waiting game now....did a previous claim against the halifax which went smoothly....what are Nat West like ?

IMHO, they're a bit hit and miss mate! They settle some claims quickly and with a mininimum of fuss - whilst dragging other claims through to the (almost) bitter end............... before coughing up the cash of course! They're pretty slow as well............... don't think they've got enough staff over at Borehamwood. Bless!!!! ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Welcome to the Natwest forum.

Natwest are very slow and do not stick to their own complaints guidelines. They loose letters like there is no tomorrow and everyone named on letters or that you speak to is giving you a false name (I had one natwestie tell me so - "it's just a name we send everything from"). However, despite all of this take them to court and they will cough up......eventually, at the very last minute....after you have jumped through every hoop!

Good luck and stick with it!

Yode

Yode v Egg - smashed after 4 weeks

Yode v NatWest battle to the end (mcols issued) waiting retaliation

Sign the petition to the Prime Minister here:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/bankcourts/

Thanks

Natwest will cough up for def, but its a case of when and not IF. Just play the game as they will with you, and have lots and lots of patience, and some 2-6 months down the line, you will get your money, 2 months being the quickiest, and 6 months being the slowest. I started mine in January and it looks like I might have finished by the end of the week.

Hold your nerve, and keep popping back for advice and help whenever you need it. All the very best.

Fendy xxxx

NATWEST BANK CLAIM - £16,100.00 WON

ABBEY BANK - £5500.00 WON

CAPITAL ONE VISA - £1800.00 WON

HUBBYS CAPITAL ONE VISA £2012.00 WON

TOTAL WON TO DATE: £25,400

*************************************************:D :D

NATWEST BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS- ONGOING

ABBEY BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS - ONGOING

YORKSHIRE BANK - AT SAR STATUS

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD - AT SAR STATUS

PLENTY MORE TO START LATER.

STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE IN LIFE, ITS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE YOU MAKE, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. YOU LEARN IT.:D :D

STRENGTH, YOURE NOT BORN WITH IT, YOU LEARN IT :confused:DUE TO WHAT LIFE DOES TO YOU. :)

Thanks everyone, Fendy..it's nice to hear from a fellow yorkie :D I've just had a successful claim against Halifax and i had to play a waiting game so no problems there. Mine is a claim against a closed account...does it make a difference and if so what? i take it they wait until the 40 days are up to send statements too eh..ah well like I said...I can wait...soon be the summer hols ;)

Makes no difference if the account is open or closed. Same game, same length of time, same step by step. All the best. Go for it. You will get your money back. For sure......... Fendy xxxx

NATWEST BANK CLAIM - £16,100.00 WON

ABBEY BANK - £5500.00 WON

CAPITAL ONE VISA - £1800.00 WON

HUBBYS CAPITAL ONE VISA £2012.00 WON

TOTAL WON TO DATE: £25,400

*************************************************:D :D

NATWEST BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS- ONGOING

ABBEY BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS - ONGOING

YORKSHIRE BANK - AT SAR STATUS

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD - AT SAR STATUS

PLENTY MORE TO START LATER.

STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE IN LIFE, ITS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE YOU MAKE, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. YOU LEARN IT.:D :D

STRENGTH, YOURE NOT BORN WITH IT, YOU LEARN IT :confused:DUE TO WHAT LIFE DOES TO YOU. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi owl,

Thought I'd pop on over to my old training ground to see how y'doin.

I've had two battles with Natwest and am on hand if you need me;)

As fendy has quite rightly put it, it is indeed the same tidious game of cat, mouse and waiting, but you'll get there in the end.

All the best hun.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA