next step to get statements- court?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please help me!! I have read several different answers and I'm not really sure I understand what to do next or how to do it!

I sent my first SAR in Feb.

I got no response after 40 days so I sent the letter that says if they don't respond I'll write to Info. Commissioner.

They sent me a one page outline of my charges dating back to June 2006.

I wrote to say this did not comply with Data Protection Act and they should send me the last 6 years worth as requested or I would take them to court to comply.

Still no answer so I wrote one more giving them 7 days to send the info. (letter before action) and that was on 4th May.

I really want to pursue this but don't know how. Some say to fill in N1 form but others a N244 or something- PLEASE HELP!!

jESS

Any Old Iron...and hopefully a bit more..! :-D

See if this helps Under the Data Protection Act - the Data Controller has only 40 days to provide this information. If they refuse, or do not furnish you with the full information within 40 days, report them to the information commissioner - Information Commissioners Office Information Commissioner's Office - for a breach of the Data Protection Act. We also have templated letters to force compliance through the courts - see the Templates Library.

I would go into local branch. Speak to manager and demand they print off all the required information there and then. With most computer systems this is possible.

Tell them they have failed to comply with Data Protection Act and that you are seeking legal advice on what steps to take next (this will scare them a bit)

HTH

Kim

PS: If u do decide to send anymore written correspondence make sure u send it Recorded delivery

Kim v Lloyds TSB

Claim for £747.37

I have just called the Customer Relations Dept. of Halifax to enquire about my missing statements. They told me that the information they sent was for one of my accounts (I have two and am claiming for both) that has only been open for two years and that's why the information supplied was for that period.

They say they sent out the information for my other account in April but I have not received it. They now say they can re-order the info. and send it to me but will treat it as a new request and I'll have to wait another 40 days. What should I do?

J

also, I'm not sure that the info. they sent for my first account is a true reflection of the charges I have incurred. I will check my statements against the letter they sent but how do I know if they haven't supplied all the info. and what do I do if they have missed some charges off?

Thanks for all the help by the way. This is double hard as I'm not very good at the computer chat room things!

Firsty check everything over with what u have to make sure there are no discrepencies. Do u have internet banking on those accounts as you can also check about a years worth of statements online.

I would write a letter of complaint regarding them treating this as a new SAR and also tell them that you are reporting them and even ask for compensation for the distress they have caused you. Send recorded.

HTH Kim

Kim v Lloyds TSB

Claim for £747.37

Thanks for this. I have already reported them to the Information Commissioner as they failed to get the minimal stuff they sent to me before the end of 40 days. I told the woman on the phone I would complain and she said it wouldn't make any difference because they get so many requests from people it takes up all their time and complaining won't make it go any faster!

I'll check what I have against the statements and write a complaint letter but I feel as if I should do something more! I wrote about my two accounts in the same letter so why couldn't they send my information in one letter. The woman on the phone said it was because it woulnd't fit in one envelope!

grrr!