Wasted Costs From The Beginning!

Poppy07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Poppy

I have emailed you a copy of the spreadsheet, plus i have now added a link to a file hosting site for the file.

I have had no response yet as its only been a week since i sent it, but ive got my next one ready to send out once my haifax settlement payment clears.

I would also appreciate any comments on the spreadsheet from everyone.

Paul

Thanks so much Paul, I'll be getting on with this tonight. Since I'm pregnant this is how my friday nights are spent now - how sad!!!

Good luck, let me know when you get a response.

POPPY07

Hi Pops, you dont mind if i tag along in the wings do you?

It would be interesting to see the outcome and I truly hope you get what youre chasing.

but i think its gonna be a case of the judge booting it out saying costs are to be claimed on the day of the hearing and if the claim is settled out of court its down to the individual to negotiate at that time.

The trouble is once the proceedings have been stopped due to settlement as far as the court is concerned, the complaint is dealt with, done n dusted.

The only thing you will achieve is highlighting the banks wasting the courts time.... which is still a good thing mind

sorry to be so negative and I truly hope you prove me wrong...

Paul, looked at the spreadsheet,

one minor consideration.

the QTY column[G], .....shouldnt this have [hrs] next to it?

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

hey guys, thought you might want a read of this one, if you havent already:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/85726-wasted-costs-order.html

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just phoned my local court to find out if any progress has been made in reference to my application for charges.

The clerk told me that they are currently delaing with info recieved on the 22nd May, 3 weeks ago. and as my letter was dated the 24th it will probably be the end of the week before it gets looked at.

Something will have to give soon..

I'm sure one court will soon just start striking out the cases in favour of the claimant to ease their workloads due the banks silly games.

Paul

Hi both, lets hope so Paul!! They're really dragging people's claims out and its just not fair. I've still to do my wasted costs order, just haven't had the time lately!

Let us know when you hear anymore, good luck

xx

POPPY07

Hi, would you be able to email me a copy of the spreadsheet and letters so i can check i am up to where i shoud be.

thanks

Tracie

Everything is in Post #2

BUT this is nothing to do with the claim process.

This is about claiming for costs after the case has been settled.

Have a read of the lnk in my signature for a guide and the claim process

Paul

"Wisdom Begins In Wonder"

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales

Abbey WON - MNBA WON - BARCLAYS WON - HALIFAX(1) WON - BT WON

Hey Poppy!

Hows yours going have you won yet? I've finally got a court date for the 10th August so I'm just waiting coz the guy whos dealing with claim is known to drag it out until the bitter end!

Hope all is good with you and the baby!!

Tori:)

Hillooooo!!! When did you get back? did you have a lovely time? Oh to be going on holiday! Don't know when I'll next get a chance to do that now!!! Me and baby are fine, 12wks to go!! Yay! We're fighting over names now I like dylan and he likes William!! Typical, I quite like william too tho!! Just can't give in cos it was his idea!!!

Anyway, had the cheque from Barclays!!! Dealt with Dino who is fab to be fair, just sent a fax saying about them wasting any more of the courts time and they paid up straight away!! Maybe you should try that, just keep hassling them until they pay up!

Sent off for Lloyds statements now, they have about another 25 days tho. And put a claim in via MCOL to Swift Advances for charges on a secured loan we had - which were extortionate!!! Bit worried bout this one cos there is not a lot about them on CAG, but I suppose its the same deal - how can they justify £35 for a letter??? Will go to court if we have too!

Whats news with you? xx

POPPY07

Yay, Yay, Yay!!! Did they give you any idea of timescale?

You've put these claims in after your cases were settled didn't you? I haven't done mine yet just really haven't had the chance lately, but will definitely concentrate on it this weekend, its worth a try I think.

xx

POPPY07

Well the original date for my Barclays claim is next friday, so it may be heard then (but this was listed in a block of claims), and my Halifax was settled after acknowledging the claim so it never got to AQ stage, let alone a court date.

Ile keep you posted.

Its 4 weeks on friday to my Holiday 'sponsored by Barclays'

Paul

"Its 4 weeks on friday to my Holiday 'sponsored by Barclays'"

Tee he!!! Where are you going? Why is everyone going on holidays - its not fair!!!!

Ok let me know when you hear anything.

Also one other thing, I'm looking over the letters now that you've listed in this thread, and was wondering

a. What court do I address it to? With Barclays my first correspondance was from Northampton ct, then it went to Bridgend Ct and then it was passed to Cardiff Court for what would have been a directions hearing. And with my NW claim I only dealt with Northampton Ct as they settled pretty early on.

b. On the draft order is says 'Defendant to pay £xx.xx to Claimant by 4pm on dd mmmmm 200x.', what date to I give? Is there a minimum time?

Thanks

xx

POPPY07

Yeah I had a great time on holiday saw lots of differnet places which were all amazing, but my favourite country has to be Switzerland which so beautiful!

God, choosing names how exciting, just to put my two pences worth in I quite like William too, but as you quite rightly said your chappy came up with it and as we all know men are never right, so maybe say nah, but right at the birth say alright I'll LET you call him William!!!:D;) As you can probably tell my chappy has a very tough time with me!!

Hopefully in 12 weeks you'll have your baby and I'll have my money! did you enjoy spending yours?