Me V A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everybody :D , this is my first post and to spread some good news I have already won 3 cases :

Lloyds £1500

Studio Catalogue £400

MBNA £750

I am now taking A&L but they are not proving as easy as the others who barely put up a fight, the story so far :

Submitted claim, defence due date 6th June

received an offer letter of £110 - letter sent declining special delivery

yesterday received a cheque for £110 ! they are quite persistent with this £110

Do I take it as partial settlement or refuse, I am going for sending back with no thanks.

Having read some other threads though it appears they take it to the limit ! which I am not so keen on. If the deadline is the 6th June and as far as I am aware they havent handed in a defence do I fiule for judgement on the 6th or the next day ?

Many thanks for any advice and hello and nice to be here :D

Hi well received a 5 page very snotty defence yesterday will await my AQ !

Can anybody answer a question please, I have an overdraft which I am paying back via a debt management company in the defence they have said any monies owed will be offset with the money claimed back, although in the same breath they are saying I have no chance of getting anything back, funny have already had 1 offer and 1 cheque off them for £110 when the total amount is £800 + ! both of which I have sent back, but if they have sent a cheque already why can they not do it again ?

I am presuming they are within their rights to use the money to offset money owed or because it is already in an arranegement can I insist they pay me directly ??

Any help would be appreciated:rolleyes:

hiya

I have been help a friend with his and he has an overdraft and hsbc have offered settlement figure (not including any interest). They want to credit his account but he has just started a debt plan thingy. He has asked me to write a letter requesting a cheque not a credit to the account.

I am sure that somewhere on here I read a similar post but the answer was they can do this. sorry I cant remeber where it is

You could try contacting one of the mods on here cos they are very knowledgable bout this kind of stuff

Kate