sittinpretty v Nationwide***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got home at lunchtime today & I had received a letter from the Nationwide confirming that they would refund all charges £1247.50 plus interest £507.79 and court costs of £120 !!! Checked account and the money was in there!!!!!

A message for everyone who is still waiting for their money & who perhaps are in the court process & panicking - don't worry. Although I highly recommend following the CAG timeline to the letter, I followed the advice on another website & in hindsight mucked a few things up including asking for the 8% interest straight away before getting to the court stage, asking for slightly over 6 years (6 years 1 month) of charges, which I got, not sending copies of the schedule of charges to the court, not giving 14 days for the Nationwide to reply at each stage. I may have got refunded sooner if I followed the CAG route but still, I did get my money. The stage I am at is 28 days + 16 & I received my court papers last week with the Nationwide's defence that they would not pay me back anything.

Now I can relax after a terribly anxious few weeks!!!

Well, I have just finished a rather nice bottle of Champagne & I am feeling suitably chilled out (hic!). The first time I have relaxed in about three weeks. Good luck to everyone who is after a refund of THEIR money, don't worry, you will get it back as long as you don't do anything really stoopid like claim for 15 years worth of charges or ask for a refund of overdraft interest. Saying that, I made about half a dozen mistakes (according to the CAG guidelines) and yet I still got paid, however I HIGHLY recommend following the CAG script as you will then not be plagued with doubt if it gets to the court stage.

Many thanks to everyone, especially Kopstar1965 who has been my rock over the last couple of weeks - thanks mate.

For those of you who are thinking of getting your charges back - go for it. Nationwide may be the most difficult to get money back from but they do back down in the end if you stand your ground.

PS Listen to MilkTrayMan, he is full of good advice.

Congratulations SittinPretty71,

I have recieved the rest of my claim as well so am all paid up now and looking forward to spending it!!!!!;) My neighbours are claiming from Barclays and they are having a far more tough time than we did with Nationwide. They started their claim the same time as we did and they are now waiting for an actual court date as they do not want to pay up!! Hopefully everyone will get their money eventually.