Land of Leather Dispute - Help Required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

New to site just researching re a dispute with Land of Leather. I have read some really bad stories / experiences on here and cannot believe how they treat people and seem to get away with it.:-x

1. Okay order sofa in Feb 07 paid cash deposit and then they missed their "approx" delivery date by 4 weeks during which time they can not advise a revised delivery date.
  2. Paid balance prior to delivery via switch (debit) card
  3. Sofa delivered damaged and was not installed/set up correctly
  4. Reported faulty to store who arranged a technician to look at the sofa and assess, which took another two weeks
  5. The sofa was damaged and an attempt at repair had already taken place prior to delivery, as per thier technician
  6. They then offered me a repair (which I did not want) a higher value sofa at my additional cost (which I did not want) or my money back and I had to decide in 7 days or they would consider the matter closed or charge me usage
  7. Wrote to store and said would need to consider the options and would not be forced into a decision in 7 days and would not be paying usage charges
  8. Store then wrote and said they could not repair so keep the sofa or get my money back
  9. Despite my serious resevations with LOL (they wanted to collect the sofa and give me a refund 14 days later) I agreed to this to obtain closure
  10. They arranged a 4 hour window for collection and I fitted in with their timings and I faxed them to confirm the details. They did not turn up and then turned up at the wrong address nearly two hours later.The driver called me and said he was outside ay which point I checked the address with him and he was at the wrong address:-x
  11. I then wrote to their HQ in Kent advising the situation and copying all previous correspondence.
  12. I gave them 7 days to collect thier damaged sofa and issue a refund by return advising them if they did not collect the sofa within the 7 days I would assume they did not want to collect it and would dispose of it for them. I also added that I would issue a County Court Claim for the monies they owed me without further notice
  13. I received a letter from their area manager telling me to contact the store to arrange collection of the sofa and I could collect my refund cheque from the store following collection of the sofa
  14. Faxed store FAO area manager advising my position clear and I would not be dealng with their store again
  15. Nothing heard from their HQ
  16. Refund cheque rec'd and banked which they then cancelled after they did not collect the sofa:-x

Ok I want to issue County Court Claim against LOL. I see they have several CCJ's and a very bad reputation.

The goods are damaged and a refund has been agreed by both parties

They failed to (a) collect the damaged goods when they made an appointment to do so and (b) respond to my recodred delivery letter to their HQ giving them 7 days to collect the goods and issue a refund

They then issued a refund and cancelled it because they coud not collect the sofa!

At this point I am no longer happy with a refund as they have wasted my time and treated me very poorly, although having read their treatment of others it seems I am doing ok so far (comparatively speaking).

I note LOL state on their T&C's if you refuse delivery when they advise the goods are in stock they may charge £4 per day storage charge. Can I therefore charge LOL £4 per day storage for the rubbish they delivered trying to pass off as a new sofa which they failed to collect? Can I sue them for their failed appointment and wasting 6 hours of my time?

I will keep CGA forum updated with progress in the hope that it will help others (there seem to be many)

Any help and or advice appreciated. TIA

• Haha 1