Jump to content


spring6 v Abbey - advice please


spring6
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I have completed the N1 with MCOL using the POCs recommended on this site adapted to my case (after ages fiddling with the 24 line limit!) and today received the Notice of Issue - claim issued 30/5. Abbey sent me all the info in dribs and drabs and I wrote to Abbey initially with two requests for refunds for two periods - so I put all details of my total claim and interest (8%) on a spreadsheet to tie in with the POCs total - basically each charge dated, listed and totalled. I have sent a copy of this to Abbey and the court to tie in with the N1. Is there anything else I need to do/send at this stage - or should I grab a beer and wait patiently?

 

It would be great to hear from anyone at a similar or the next stage - cheers,

 

spring6

Link to post
Share on other sites

Grab the beer, put your feet up and wait, cos the ball is now in the hands of the court. You can only wait to hear from them, although after a few weeks, if they haven't acknowledge you filing the claim you can ring them and ask how it's doing. They usually transfer to your local court and will write and tell you that.

 

It's a longish wait at the moment cos the courts are up to their ears in paperwork but they will get to you. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply I will keep myself busy with an MBNA claim.

 

In response to a letter of complaint to Abbey about last month's charges they responded with a letter that includes the classic " The charges automatically debited your account on .... in accordance with the notice given on your monthly statement. All charges are system generated and automatically debit accounts on the dates advised. I'm sorry we can't defer payment of these charges" a real case of computer says no. I have asked them how they justify £35 a throw when it's by their own admission a purely automated process but won't hold my breath...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spring, did you include these charges on your claim? if not, they can form the basis of your second claim

Lula

 

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Ooo very exciting. I have recieved the 65% offer today. I am clearly going to negotiate this can anyone tell me what the best next step is. I am willing to take a bit off my claim for early settlement but not thirty five percent. Is this inga person the best way to go and if so can someone pm me her email address.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Have sent 2 e-mails to Inga @ Abbey in an attempt to settle but have had no response from her and her time's up tomorrow so am going to dig heels in now and wait for court date and go for the lot. Have also heard from MCOL that case is being transferred from Northampton to Chester - I live in Manchester so it seems odd it's not coming here. Anyone got any idea how long it takes to get a court date? The allocation questionnaire has been dispensed with. Any suggestions about the next step?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting no response from Abbey (e-mails) which is very frustrating...does anyone have any advice on the best way to keep the pressure on / keep things moving? Patience is sadly not my best quality!

 

My case has also been moved from MCOL to Chester any idea how long it's taking to get confirmation and dates/directions?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya spring6

 

Just looking at your thread, i'm not too sure, as you can see I'm in a bit of a dilemma myself, my claim has been struck off. I was offered 65% but I turned the whole amount down, but at this moment feeling very sick, but hey not all is lost.

 

I would telephone Chester and ask them how long they expect a date for court or AQ to take, no harm in trying.

 

Good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Spring

 

Your court date could be months away yet.

At the moment all the bank claims are clogging the system and delaying matters.

Tameside are a few weeks behind just with their mail.

It will arrive eventually

From My experience with Abbey they settle at the end with a couple of weeks to spare as is the case with most banks at the moment.

 

Paul

 

"Wisdom Begins In Wonder"

 

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

 

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales

 

 

Abbey WON - MNBA WON - BARCLAYS WON - HBoS(1) WON - BT WON

HBoS(2) LBA Stage - HBoS(2) Prep

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received Order from Chester CC requesting full particulars of POC by 30/07/2007 or will strike out my claim When I filed with MCOL I sent a copy of my spreadsheet detailing each charge amount, type, date and 8% interest claimed plus court fee and account details. When the claim was transferred to Chester they returned the original to me without sending a copy on to Chester CC with the claim - I've sent them my original today which should rectify the problem but it's something for others to watch out for when claims are transferred...

 

Also finally received email response from Abbey re my counter claim, frustratingly it says response been posted to you tonight (Thursday) - so no idea whether it's good or bad news - but nothing yet received because of postal strike grrrrrrrrrr..........

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got a court date for the end of October.... any tips on trying to get abbey to settle early - I have had it with them - charged £35 this month for paying a £1.23 visa debit and another £35 for not paying a £10 cheque - then on the same statement another £35 for paying it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have today received abbey's letter about the OFT case advising me that my claim is likely to be stayed on their application - is there any merit in me writing to the court saying that I would request a hearing to oppose any such application? Anyone else at this stage?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Abbey refunded the majority of last month's charges but sadly Chester CC has agreed to their request for a stay - any advice please? Or, do I just have to growl and bear it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...