BT Total Broadband - Termination Fees

Nukey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am in a very sticky situation (again) this time with the not-so-wonderful BT.

I originally took out my contract back in March for BT Total Broadband, and I have been threatened with homelessness. Basically I will be living in supported homeless accomodation sometime soon, but obviously a phone and broadband will be impossible there given the nature of accomodation.

I am really worried, they have just told me that I will have to pay £430 in contract fees unless I find an address to move the broadband to. I was also told that if I gave them the address I was moving to they will automatically take over the line there (which would be a bad move considering the line belongs to a charity homeless organisation).

I was then told that I can move my account to someone else's address, and just pay for it that way. So basically I am well and truly stuck, they have threatened me with being passed to a collection agency should I not continue the contract. If having no home to go to isnt enough they are just making it worse for me, and just to think from March to the end of April I had no service in the first place because the engineers being dispatched to my address wern't doing their jobs properly in trying to rectify my problem.

I am really terrified and don't know what to do. Any ideas would mean alot to me.

Thank you, you guys are life savers

Nukey

Bank: NatWest

Last Letter Received: Agreement to repay £388.69

Please remember to read the FAQs if you are new or are looking for quick-fix advice!

Check your contract for a "force majeure" clause, which will say something along the lines that the parties to the contract will not be liable for the result of any occurrences beyond their direct control - if you are being forced out of your house, you are not liable for the remainder of the contract.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941