Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in court yesterday. Told the judge the Lit Team had told me over the phone I would get my money back in full. Changed their minds after July 27th. Judge said he will not grant the stay until Barclays Lit Team come to court to explain themselves. Gave them 28 days to do so. They are in London and court is in Manchester area. Claim is for £1100.

I was in court yesterday. Told the judge the Lit Team had told me over the phone I would get my money back in full. Changed their minds after July 27th. Judge said he will not grant the stay until Barclays Lit Team come to court to explain themselves. Gave them 28 days to do so. They are in London and court is in Manchester area. Claim is for £1100.

Hehehe Nice one :)

Signa, Look at my thread here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/70074-slick-barclays-business.html .

Post #34 shows tel con with Lit'n team saying offer letter will go out and post #39 shows letter arriving the next day. Print and take these if it'll help. Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Guy's, just a quick update, have now received the settlement cheque,

however..............

there was a debit balance that had been placed in the hands of a dca (RMA) outstanding,

now some may remember that we had costantly been harassed by RMA even though they knew we were going to court in order to settle.

And beleive it or not, I had yet another threatening letter today even though a/c was settled last week!

Spoke to a complete moron at RMA, who said it was my responsibility to tell them, not their responsibility to prove or find out.

Anyway a quick call to Greg Thomas had it all sorted,

Although we feel lucky in these times, Greg and Dino have always been polite, genuinly pleasant and courteous.

Unfortunately though, I'm convinced that they really don't have a great deal of power to make real decisions here, they really are intermediaries who purely follow instructions from above.

As for DCA's, well we all know what a bunch of brainless bully boy's they are, and today just proved it, they really don't know their heads from their little jelly filled toes!

We depart for Oz in 2 weeks and wish every single one of you luck and offer our support, we'll be watching from afar....

special thanks to Dar3n and saintly 1 for all your help, we'll have a tinny for you all.

G'day Matrah

x

:D B & Q Store Card *Settled* - £365 (912 AUD)

:D First Direct 1 *Settled* - £1089 (2722 AUD)

:D First Direct 2 *Settled* - £469 (1172 AUD)

:D Goldfish *Settled* - £372 (930 AUD)

:D Barclays *Settled* - £903 (2257 AUD)

I rang one of the numbers at the top of this thread - and a nice girl answered speaking from Canary Wharf, I think she probably gets a lot of grief on the phone from disgruntled Claimers. I was nice to her ( of course) and she was very helpful and even told me Barclays would be sending a Representative to my Court Hearing the next day and she wished me well.

Matrah - good luck in Oz, thanks for sharing your story.

Cheers,

KA

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

**************no reply***************

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

**************no reply***************

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

hi everyone,

can someone help??

This is my first post on this site as i normally use MSE. I was advised by Dino at lit team to contact him a week before my hearing.... my hearing is next week so i contacted him today. I then recieved an out of office reply stating he did not know when he would come back. So in turn i tried to email each member and each came back as out of office. Is there any other way of contacting the team? the numbers i hold never seemed to get answered

Thanks

Max

Barclays hearing 30th Aug 07 - now Barclays pay Feb 09!!

Twitter - @monkeymax

I wouldn't bother. It seems like they've shut up shop. If you get through to anyone at the bank all they will do is tell you that they will send somebody to your hearing to request a stay or that all cases have been stayed.

If your hearing is definitely proceeding you need to be looking at ways of getting the case thrown out, or opposing a request for a stay and getting it heard.

Regards,

John.

From what I read in other posts they have all been told they have to go up to court and explain themselves!

I would imagine the B head office team have finally decided that letting the Lit team speak with us has caused them more grief then they would care to recieve - I imagine all the Lit Team have new email addys, and new phone numbers.

I think it may be easier for you to have an audience with the Pope than contact Dino now!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Hi MonkeyMax,

You'll get no joy from the Lit'n Team now, even if someone replied to you.

What Court are you due at and what type of hearing, Directions, Preliminary, etc.

Unless told otherwise by the Court, you must attend and you should be ready to challenge an attempt by the Bank's Rep to have your case stayed.

Hope you are prepared and good luck.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

This one's curious! if they don't turn up then they'll probably lose by default and open up the floodgates against. This will cost them a fortune to turn up and defend EVERY STAY. Interesting. So my guess is they'll turn up trying to defend stays in the hope that they win, in order to deter others. However it appears that the great British District Judges have had to just about up here with the banks. Don't be surprised if their stay gets thrown out. Equally don't be surprised if it's postponed until late September when the FSA (I think!) are reviewing the stay in light of pressure applied by us. Can't be sure how to post the link but you should look at the thread FSA to review stay! It's good stuff!

Best of luck, keep the faith, EIE.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Very interesting Signa, I have a 2nd hearing in sep before which B's have been ordered to file & serve further statements.May I ask which court you are in and when your hearing is? Yours sounds like it may be a bit of a landmark case , so to speak, I will be keeping up with your threads!

Oh dear. That won't help their case! It just makes them look inept in front of the Judge. Pity it wasn't your case though!. Just keep going. THey still owe me for extras they applied during the litigation process. I won't give up even though I haven't filed on these extra charges. Neither should anyone else.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Excellent. seems the judge is not putting up with any of their nonsense. Bodes well IMHO!

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Hi MonkeyMax,

You'll get no joy from the Lit'n Team now, even if someone replied to you.

What Court are you due at and what type of hearing, Directions, Preliminary, etc.

Unless told otherwise by the Court, you must attend and you should be ready to challenge an attempt by the Bank's Rep to have your case stayed.

Hope you are prepared and good luck.

I am at Kingston Court next week (30th) for a allocation hearing. What will i need to take with me? i have an e mail from the lit team saying they would settle before the court date, should i take this? what are the chances it won't get stayed and what grounds can i ask it not to be stayed. Started this back in Feb

Twitter - @monkeymax

another thing....

Can i claim back more since my claim. I have had an extra £200+ in charges, interest has risen since i calculated it and i have to take a day off work to attend court?

or am i just being greedy?

Twitter - @monkeymax