Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just spoken to Paul Quinn, my case manager, and he was very polite, although a little evasive until my paperwork arrives at his desk!

I got to him through speaking to Dino - really nice chap considering it was a cold call, and after 5pm (which is def best time to call)

Had to have a chuckle at Krysta's voicemail - it sounded like a plea to leave her alone! Bless! I think I can see why the turnover is so fast!

I'll be sending them all a big compliment thank you when all is done!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrian Ruffhead phoned me out of the blue about a week before the hearing date. (Small Claim)

Must have assumed I was fick. Told me that Barclays would need to appoint a barrister at a cost of £1000 if I didnt agree to settle for his £36 offer before noon that day and then subsequently withdraw my claim!

He has also sent me this info in an email.

I thanked him for the personal call and told him that I was knew as well as he did, that costs arent awarded in Small Claims and that I considered this a very clumsy attempt to intimidate a claimant.

I also told him that both the judge and myself would be fascinated to discover Barclay's new thinking on barrister's costs in small claims! :D

Less than an hour later he sent me an email offering to settle my claim in full.

Watch these guys, if they think you're an idiot, they will treat you as one.

E-mailed Tom Hickey yesterday with a request for settlement, he replied within the hour saying a letter of settlement had already been sent to me.

Received the letter this evening and rang Tom straight away regarding additional interest charges that needed to be added, no quibbles, just agreement to change the figures and initial. Cannot find fault with the Litigation team at all, just a shame about the organisation!!

Emailed Dino end of last week (court date 31st July), received letter of 100% settlement yesterday. Phoned him asked for some to be used to clear outstanding overdraft with barclays, didn't agree with confidential bit and letter to court would be sent when funds cleared in my account. He told me he doesn't agree with confidential bit as everyone knows about it (I wonder how!!!!!! lol) but is part of standard letter they have to send out. Cheque will be with me next week.

Dino is a extremely nice chappie, very very helpful and easy to talk. So don't worry about phoning him.

I'm Dealing With Thomas Hickey He Seems Nice And Helpful.

He Sounds Like He Understands What People Are Going Through And Goes Out Of His Way To Help.

I Sent Him An Email And He Phoned Me Back Within The Hour Which I Was Quite Surprised About. We Even Had A Laugh.

Not Recieved My Cheque Yet Though But It Was Promised To Me By Wednesday.

We'll See

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

BARCLAYS SETTLED IN FULL DAYS BEFORE COURT

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL AFTER LBA

RBS SETTLED IN FULL AFTER PRELIM

GE MONEY (RIVER ISLAND CARD) IN FULL AFTER REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT

IKANO (OASIS CARD) IN FULL AFTER A LONG HARD SLOG NO COURT CLAIM ISSUED

MY WINS PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE

ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER IN FULL + 8% INTEREST

RBS credit cards x2 in full without any interest

CURRENT CLAIMS

RBS AGAIN PENALTY CHARGES (confirmed hardship case)

GE MONEY PPI (breach of sars sent)

RBS CREDIT CARDS PENALTY CHARGES(declined)

HALIFAX MORTGAGE PROTECTION PLAN (declined)

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD CHARGES(no reply)

Hi, Had a reply from Thomas today....finally....he asked me to email him my stuff and a letter of settlement should be here soon.

Jenny

Hi there! personaly I have dealt with richard saunders who told me he was new after asking him for settlement as my court date is just over 14 days a way and i would be sending in my bundle he told me not to worry about bundle as it would n't get that far I would receive settlement offer in the post. Now either he is very clever or telling the truth. I have sent my bundle but have n't received their's I don't know if that means I've won because court and my self won't have received Woolwich/Barclays bundle...I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I receive settlement in between. I would add that he was very pleasant!

Claire, thanks for that, I'd chase em up today,

If they start messing you around, tell them as far as you are concerned you have tried to negotiate to keep it out of the courts, but are now going to leave it up to the judge, say goodbye and hang up. [dont wait for their reply]

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

I sent Krysta an email on behalf of my gf's claim on Friday but hadn't received any response :sad:

I just forwarded it to Dino who replied almost instantly :) I looks like Thomas Hickey is dealing with her claim, so I've forwarded the email to him.

It looks like he is an ok guy as well? We'll soon see anyway ;)

Left a message for Dino on ansaphone and email within 5 minutes got a call, and he said he would be writing to me this week to settle (the full amount), so IMHO he's a cracker...

...or he will be when I get a cheque

"Dear XXX,

Thank you for your email. I am indeed dealing with your claim, and according to my records you have a hearing on the XXXXX. I will be looking to settle your claim but unfortunately due to the large amount of claimants, I am unable to get the requisite information I require regarding your account until XXXXX. Once I have this, I will be in contact regarding settlement.

Thanks,

XXX"

:razz:

I wonder what a judge would make of this email? After all, it is blantantly saying they will pay, just not yet as it's 'not your turn'.

It would make an interesting addition to court bundles if nothing else!

Peter

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Mark, it wouldnt jeopardize your claim but it could be used as a case to prove your point, as in

to the Judge:

"I refer to Mark V Barclays where Barclays clearly admit they have every intention of settling before the hearing"

" blah blah de blah"

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

This is true Mark, you don't want to pee them off, and although it won't in any way do that, it's hard not to think it would (I know I would!)

However, could you print the email, and copy it as a PDF or such, and email to Daren or someone - then others could use it for the reasons Dar£n has mentioned above. It may help others if not yourself!

Peter

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Sorry guys, I'm under strict instructions from the gf not to 'mess about' with her claim until it's been settled.

I do think that if we use the specific email that Tom sent through it could certainly annoy him enough that he could decide not to settle early!

More than willing for it to be used after that though.