Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I have a court date set for 21 sept 2007, i an scared and confused, PLEASE can someone help! I am thinking of phoning the litigation team and asking them to make me an offer instead of going to court. Can I do this? how will the court see this?

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I have a court date set for 21 sept 2007, i an scared and confused, PLEASE can someone help! I am thinking of phoning the litigation team and asking them to make me an offer instead of going to court. Can I do this? how will the court see this?

This is your claim and if you want to settle out of court you may, the courts are only too happy to see this happen as it saves them a lot of work.

you can contact the Lit team but you prob wont get the settlement until the final week before your hearing.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

EVIL !!!

have a directions hearing tomorrow and have tried to settle but they say they are going to be represented in court.

Not sure if I have the bottle to go now. Don't know what to do/say/take. I have read the threads and 'got a court date?' but still unsure

Evil with a huge E

Snap destiny - mine is on 31st July. This is odd tho, as they have settled the first claim I had even tho it was a directions hearing. Emma Thompson called me today to say that they will settle only when they have a final court date.

Should I have received anything from them regarding this hearing. I've sent a copy of my court pack to both the court and barclays, but haven't received anything back.

Should they have sent me

No idea destiny, although I have now called the Court and spoke to a very nice, helpful man there. His advice for a prelim hearing is as follows:-

It is basically a hearing for the judge to decide what way to deal with the case, ie if there is a case to hear, if it is fast track etc.

I have explained everything to him re Barclays and his advice was to voice my concerns to the judge as to the fact that they have settled one and not the other. Let him know that they have advised that they will be settling only when a full court hearing date has been decided and to voice concerns as to the fact that they haven't sent me any information on what they will be putting forward at that hearing.

It is basically a hearing for the judge to decide what way to deal with the case, ie if there is a case to hear, if it is fast track etc.

This is what I don't understand. Surely the judge knows which track it is allocated to. And surely having read the POC & Defence knows where it is going?

What input can we put in that could help a judge??

Hi All, I had a directions hearing in June and they've started a list for the next one in aug...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mercantile-court-cases-stays/101915-leeds-mercantile-hearing-29-a.html

There is a list on the first page on what we took.

Hope it helps.

Hi all,

Greg has faxed through a settlement agreement, which seems ok. he also said the funds will be in the account in 5 days. HOWEVER there is a stop on the account, which means when they pay it in, I can't get the money out:(

Also they say by signing the letter is confidential between us. Should I sign?

jbarton - the CMI sheet? I'm not going through a mercantile court (at least I'm not aware I am) and I've never seen nor heard of this, should I have? I have a directions hearing in Plymouth on 6th August.

Thanks,

KA.

PS Please feel free to reply in my thread (koalaattack vs barclays - I'm certain you've posted there before but just in case!) so as not to hijack this one. Thanks!

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

**************no reply***************

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

I'll post on your thread too,

It was a directions hearing even though it was at merc, some of the stuff to take might be helpful, posts 5 or 6 onwards gives rough ideas on what we took, only send the cmi if they ask though..

XX

Thank you!

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

I would say the team at Barclays have tottaly lost the plot.

My friend has a cout date today.

This was set months ago,

Apart from yesterday no word from Barclays even though they were phoned every day messages left etc.

Yesterday she got a phone call.

They would settle but they would only send the offer if she agreed to inform the court the case had been settled in full.

She told them she was willing to ask the court to adjurn the case to give them time to pay her.

They refused this and insisted that she either inform the court it had been settled or they would instruct council to attend.

She refused to cancel the court proceedings on these grounds.

It is in court today.

Fair play to her for sticking to it...... I wonder who it was arguing??

did she get the name by any chance,

hope she remembers this in court today, wont look good for Barclays will it,

It was totally out of order and in my opinion a dirty tactic.

No she did not get the persons name unfortunately, she Said he was very arrogant .

But I think it is all part of the tactics you have been discussing on here coming to the fore latley.

Dino deserves lots of stars for being quick, efficient, and helpful. On the other hand Paul Quinn's star should be removed. Regarding out of court settlement he wrote me a letter asking me to email or phone him. The email address he sent me(and listed by this site) doesn't work. I've called at least 20 times and he has never returned my calls.

Gee

i have just used [email protected] to see try and got this automated reply:

If you are trying to contact Paul Quinn in the Legal Dept you have sent your

e-mail to the incorrect mail box -Correct contact number for Legal is Tel

0207 116 5634 or e-mail [email protected]