Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have my court date next week and I have still not had any contact from the bank. I rang up the litigation dept last week on the number I was given and no-one answered so I left a voicemail and no-one rang me back.

I just rang again now and they said that they have made their final offer (about 3 monthas ago and wasn't even a quarter of my claim) and that was it.

I asked them if they were going to court and she said yes as soon as they get the date. I explained that I got a letter from the court about 4 weeks ago and that the court date was next week. She said that she was not aware. She also indictaed that they would not be settling my claim.

It is only for about £900

What do you think I should do?

Have you tried the contact details at the begining of this thread ?

Try emailing Dino

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone take a guess at what's happening? How come tha shiznit looks like he's going to court and yet others look near to settlement? Could they be leaving tha shiznit to sweat a little, but plan to settle before next week?

Am in same situation as richatlast; going away Friday and not back for a month, just two days before court.

But I'm nervous now about ringing Barclays. Is it positive or negative? Does it look like you're bottling out of going to court and looking for a way out?

I'm thinking what's another few weeks and wondering whether to let it take its course.

John.

I actually spoke to Paul Quinn about three weeks ago, who said that I would receive a settlement letter, which I obviously haven't.

I am thinking of emailing him, but don't expect a reply very soon.

My hearing is 18th July.

Will update when (or if) I receive a reply or offer.

mickeybroom :confused:

Barclays DO NOT want to go to court.

If you have followed the advice from this site then you have nothing to worry about...

If you have cut corners or nade serious errors in your claim then YES it could go to court if they ARE SURE it would get kicked out without them having to prove the charges.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Ive spoken to our Mr Quinn a couple of times now and found him to be fine. He answered both calls, originally he told me they 'wanted to settle' and to call back nearer the court date (1st Aug). Spoke to him again today and he said i will get a letter in a week or 2.

No complaints here, yet.

Ive spoken to our Mr Quinn a couple of times now and found him to be fine. He answered both calls, originally he told me they 'wanted to settle' and to call back nearer the court date (1st Aug). Spoke to him again today and he said i will get a letter in a week or 2.

No complaints here, yet.

dont be surprised if youre back on here in two weeks saying 'nothing heard'

I know I sound negative, just pointing out past experiences.

I hope you DO get his offer and its all sorted in two weeks

Sorry to dissapoint you dar£n but this isn't bull****.:-x :-x

I haven't posted any other threads as I haven't needed too.

I got all of the info of my mate who made a claim and I followed everything that he did. He was registered on this site.

He however got his settled a few week before the court date and when I asked him he recommended posting on here to see what people think.

I was only looking for some advise, not to be accused of bull****ting !!:-x

Anyone who would like to suggest anything , I would be grateful.

Thanks

Sorry to dissapoint you dar£n but this isn't bull****.:-x :-x

I haven't posted any other threads as I haven't needed too.

I got all of the info of my mate who made a claim and I followed everything that he did. He was registered on this site.

He however got his settled a few week before the court date and when I asked him he recommended posting on here to see what people think.

I was only looking for some advise, not to be accused of bull****ting !!:-x

Anyone who would like to suggest anything , I would be grateful.

Thanks

All I was saying was that you appear out of the blue, no-one has heard of you until days before your hearing, and you state something that is clearly out of character for the normal process for Barclays.

I do feel that if it IS the case then MAYBE you have slipped up somewhere, this is why we need background to help you out if necessary.

e.g have you sent in your SOC's

What were in your POC's

what was THEIR defence.

Unfortunately we DO get posts on here that are simply to wind people up.

If you still want our help, post a thread of your own telling your story from when you sent in your SAR.

We WILL help you get through this

but this is where the problem is.....he promises the world and provides nothing.

dont be surprised if youre back on here in two weeks saying 'nothing heard'

I know I sound negative, just pointing out past experiences.

I hope you DO get his offer and its all sorted in two weeks

I will see what transpires and will be back on the blower to him in 2 weeks if nothing heard. I see what you mean though and he didnt ACTUALLY say that the 'letter' would contain an offer, just that id here from them.

I emailed Dino for 1st time today and he responded in just 8 mins to confirm who's d/w my claim and that he's fwd'd my email accordingly.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I have left at least five messages now on Krystals phone over the last five weeks. My court date is mid July-court bundle is in, copies sent to Barclays-but no hint of Krystal getting back to me, I'm sure she will get back, but should I be doing something else?

Al-mena,

I haven't seen any contact details for someone called Krystal.

If you mean Krysta and you've been referring to her as Krystal that might explain why you're not getting a reply.

It would really **** me off!

Just a thought,

John.

I have left at least five messages now on Krystals phone over the last five weeks. My court date is mid July-court bundle is in, copies sent to Barclays-but no hint of Krystal getting back to me, I'm sure she will get back, but should I be doing something else?

Try emailing Dino and cc it to Krysta :)

Well I have just spoken to PQ, I nearly fell off my chair when he answered today as he has not on previous attempts.

His best advice was to get a delay to the court date because it's tight to my return from holidays, which I would guess he would suggest because it means less work for him & a delayed outcome for me, not keen on that idea.

OR I contact towards the end of July & hammer the court or settle idea......hmmmm I know which works for me.

Andrew

Well I have just spoken to PQ, I nearly fell off my chair when he answered today as he has not on previous attempts.

His best advice was to get a delay to the court date because it's tight to my return from holidays, which I would guess he would suggest because it means less work for him & a delayed outcome for me, not keen on that idea.

OR I contact towards the end of July & hammer the court or settle idea......hmmmm I know which works for me.

Andrew

Cheeky bugger! Stick to your court date, and make sure you are prepared before you go away.

He will settle before so tough that it's more work for him... he could just PAY YOU - that's less work!

Hi Kopstar. I'm at that sort of stage as well. PQ is just so unresponsive. I've a feeling he's going to let mine slip through the net. Despite 5 or six emails to him I've had no response. My date is 23rd July. Still that only leaves him till Monday next week to get his court bundle in to me. I predict, with supreme confidence, either it won't happen (nailed on IMHO) or that it will be a botch job. I made an offer to which he didn't respond so I withdrew the offer and said I'll let the judge decide. Still no response. Unbelievable. All he has to do in say "I'm in receipt of your offer and will let you know my response in due course" blah blah blah, or some such other corporate blandspeak for doing nowt!

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

PS Meant to ask. Exactly what 'hammering the court' entails. Can I contact the court before the hearing? If what am I saying to them?

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Notice you are on line stagey! How did it go?

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...