Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wonder if its stress realated!!

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received an email for Dino today

Advised Sharon Daboul is dealing with my claim

Email [email protected]

Another one to add to the list please

NatWest Bank

- S.A.R Request Sent 21/9/06.

- Prelim Letter Sent 16/10/06

- LBA Sent 09/7/07

Barclays Bank

- S.A.R Sent 4/1/07

- Prelim Letter 1/2/07

- LBA Sent 16/02/07

- MCOL Filed 20/3/07

- A/Q Filed 30/5/07

- Court Date received 16/6/07

- SETTLED IN FULL £15XX.XX 07/7/07 :)

HELP!!!!!

I have a barclays thread ongoing, and have done an on-line small claim, Barclays did not file a defence and I clicked for a judgement.

The judgement has come through, and now I have a court date for assessing the value of the claim...

Barclays have been copied on the court date and they have to advise me if they are going to attend, however, I HAVE to attend.

It seems this hearing is just to assess the actual value of the claim...

Is this the stage when I should be speaking to Barclays litigation for a settlement??????

p.s. My claim is in the Northern Ireland judicial system.

Thanks for any help or advice.

p.p.s The court date is 28th August (NI courts recess from July - August)

I dealt with Dino, he was very helpful and polite asked me to send spreadsheet of charges, I emailed him SOC got offer letter day after, I faxed him acceptance which he confirmed by email and said money would be in account within 5 working days it went in yest 19th a couple of days before the fifth day and he even emailed me when it had gone in account. So yes he was very nice to deal with

Red:D :D

If they havent bothered their arse putting a defence in, they are barred from having any contact with the judge. Phone the Civil Processing Centre and tell them Barclays say they will be attending, CPC will put you right.:)

Yeah, but think of the extra interest they will owe you! :D

Yeah, IF I get awarded the interest!

I am one of the early subscribers to the contractual interest argument, and am beginning to think that this is unlikely - specialy if it goes to court, the judge is unlikely to award 18.5% as per Barclays Unauth Rate.

In the instance the judge says NO, I presume I revert to standard 8% from date of each individual charge?

BTW. Got an email response from Sharon Daboul @ Barclays litigation, so I hope she will proceed with some kind of offer soon??

OK... my argument for my bundle to the court...

Boba Fett VS Barclays Bank PLC

Court ref: 07/030944

According the terms and conditions (t&c) listed on the Barclays website, by exceeding the authorised overdraft limit an “Administration Fee” of £30 will be applied. This unauthorised borrowing will also be subject to an interest rate of 27.5% EAR

By referring to the fee as an Administration Fee, the claimant requested proof that the fee was a true representation of costs incurred by the defendant, as it is believed that this fee constitutes a penalty, which is not enforceable by law.

As the defendant did not file a defence against the claim, it may be assumed that the defendant agrees that the charges are unlawful. As such these charges must be repaid.

It is also noted that according the “Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts” legislation, that there must be “Fairness and balance” in any contract between a provider and a customer.

As it has been determined that the charges were unlawful, it may also be deemed that the charges constitute “Unauthorised Borrowing”. As such, it must be concluded that the defendant should pay the same interest rate (27.5% EAR) on these charges as part of settlement of the claim.

The claimant discerns that this interest be compounded from the date of each charge, in keeping with the banking structure.

At the courts discretion however a simple interest calculated monthly from the date of each charge may be used instead.

Should the court consider this argument null, then the claimant requests the statutory simple interest rate at 8% from the date of each charge until full settlement received.

Therefore the claimant requests the court order payment of one of the following:-

1) Claim with Compounded Interest @ 27.5% EAR £2,284.65

2) Claim with simple interest @ 27.5% EAR £1,827.26

3) Claim with simple s69 interest @ 8% £1,330.35

In addition to the reclaimed bank charges the claimant also claims for the following:-

a) Small Claims application fee £62.00

b) Costs for time to assemble Court Bundle 25 hours @ £9.25 £231.25

c) Costs for time off work at claimants daily salaried rate. (£28,000 p/a) £107.69

The total claim becoming either:-

1) Claim with Compounded Interest @ 27.5% EAR + costs £2,685.59

2) Claim with simple interest @ 27.5% EAR + costs £2,228.20

3) Claim with simple s69 interest @ 8% + costs £1,731.29

Comments?

Hi, Managed to SPEAK to Paul Q today, he said he will send a settlement letter out today/in morning should get it Wed...lets see if he keeps his word...I'll keep you posted...but i wont hold my breath..LOL

Jenny

Hi All....As i thought, no letter today...good job i didnt hold my breath.

Jenny

Have you rung him back? I'm beginning to think he doean't really exist, and Dino deals with all the cases, the names of the others are merely a ranking structure for how long before your case is dealt with!

Paul Q being 'entry level - leave 3 weeks'

to

Dino 'urgent - must deal with now'

Hopefully I move up to

Krystya 'annoying me - best get rid off sooner rather than later'

before too long!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Hi, I've tried to call and got voicemail.......for a change....I have emailed him and CC to krysta and dino. I have court in less than 2 weeks and they havent even bothered to send me a copy of their bundle. We'll see what happens.

Jenny

I like Boba Fett's letter, it's guuuud ( a few posts up, I know the thread shouldn't really be here, but don't forget him)

I haven't tried all that heavy stuff with Barclays yet, and I'm claiming simple 8% interest, but I'm getting a bit impatient now, so I may consider doing the same and trying to claw back some of the hours and hours of work i've had to do on this claim.

is there anyone on here with an idea if Boba Fett will be succesfull with his arguments, in the light of the current mood in Barclays Litigation team ?

Would love to know the concensus of how far we can push them at this stage, and still get our money ??.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

Boba you can only claim a max of £50 for having to take the day off work :)

:| OK Then... but am hoping they settle beforehand, saving me having to take the day off in the first place!

Apparently the nice Mr Dino is going to contact me shortly?!?

p.s. Sorry for going off tangent in this thread!

Sorry haven't got time to go through all 172 threads but I didn't see my contact isn't on the 1st thread lol

Sharon Daboul is dealing with your claim. Her contact details are as follows:

Direct line – 0207-116-6842

Email – [email protected]

Fax – 01452 638 159

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Wow! Sent an email to Dino requesting the contact details of the team member dealing with my case and I got a reply in under 2 minutes!!!

DINO YOU STAR!!!!! :-)

Found out that Kate Ashton is handling my case. I have sent her an email to see if Barclays would like to settle.

I shall get back to sorting out my court bundle now.

Send her an email tnook, Kate was dealing with my claim and I was still waiting for my court date but sent her an email anyway asking if she would like to settle and she sent me one back asking me to send my schedule of charges and about a week later I got a settlement letter in the post offering me my money back.

I must admit though, Dino is the fastest at answering emails.

Penny.