Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks guys,

Dar£n, I particularly like your suggestion, & think that we will email him first thing tomorrow, but will 'copy' Dino on it.

Brilliant!

Have the day off tomorrow as we're taking the tiddly-peeps to see the Wiggles!! ( cant wait!!) This means I will have until 2.p.m. to email & hopefully get a reply.

Will post when I get some news.

Will

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the posts on this thread with great interest guys.

I emailed dino and kate yesterday to find out who was dealing with my case against Barclays. I had an email back within an hour from a Robert Saunders saying that he was appointed to deal with my case and that he would be looking at my claim with a view to settling within the week.

Either this is really good news or just another typical stalling tactic employed by the Barclays Litigation team. I guess only time will tell

Hi all. I was dealing with Kate Ashton by email who was a bit slow in replying to say the least. However when she did reply she was alway very polite. I also got the "letter will be sent out by the end of the week" email and waited until the Friday of that week and then emailed Kate asking for confirmation that this had been sent as I was now having to request a day off work to attend the hearing which I would be claiming back for. Now here is the crucial bit, after advice from the wonderful Dar£n, I cc'd Dino in on this and surprise surprise I heard straight back from Dino who said that Kate was away on the Friday but would deal with it on Monday.

He must have chased her because I received a letter of settlement attached to an email on Monday morning with an apology that the original must have got lost in the post!

So in future I would suggest copying emails to Dino if you get no luck with your contact after the first couple of tries.

Just to let you know, Krysta is on a new telephone number. I couldn't get through for a few days, just got her answer phone. So I phoned Dino and he let me know the new number.

It is 0207 116 5835

Cheers

Mark

Hi everyone.

I've recieved an offer of a partial refund from Barclays which is around 1k less than the figure I wish to claim from them. Obviously this isn't acceptable and I was about to start the courts procedure today when I saw this post.

Would it be worth me contacting someone from the contacts at Barclays listed here with a view to stopping this getting to court, or would I have to have a court date set before they'd be able to help me?

Many thanks,

Skipsey.

Hi All,

I spoke to Kate and Ill be honest...I couldnt be happier since I started the whole process. Agreed a figure yesterday sent paperwork by fax/email today and got paid today. She was extremely helpful and always got what I needed when I got through. There doing a top job and I got everything back plus another charge. Perfect all the way!

Hi guys,

Well email went off first thing. A-la-Dar£ns advice.

Saw the Wiggles - fab!!

Came back about 5.p.m. & there was an email from Robert, saying....

Dont worry hadnt forgotten you!

(Are you kidding!!! You have done twice already).

I am on the case & will send out a letter re full settlement today.

(Yeah, right, heard that one before!).

So, we have absoloutely Noooooooooo faith whatsoever really.

We're not excited like we thought we would.

We just feel we're still just 'plodding ' along.

We will just wait & see, however if the postman doesnt bring that letter by Friday I seriously think I might just drive up to see this chap & present myself in person!

So there we are. Basically we have been told the same thing....AGAIN!

If its any consolation I dont think he sounded as lethargic as before, so maybe thats a good sign!

Hi every one,

im dealing with my G/F's claim against barclays,

i spoke to [NAME REMOVED] and she was excellent and very helpful and very polite, she said that they would be looking to settle shortly but she did say that i didnt need to bother with the bundle( although im not goin to take notice of that) and she also said she was leaving soon

regards

paul

I'm really wary about this apathy with the 'court bundle', I'm sure they are using it to try and trip someone up.

They may change there tack at any time, so we must cover our backs completely, just in case........

If they start going to court, and you are one of the ones without proper court evidence, your case is sunk .....

keep the faith:-)

by the way, just wondering, does anyone have any evidence whether the team at Barclays or any other banks read these posts ?? would be interesting to know, it's a good way for them to judge what they're really up against..............

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

Thomas Hickey is a credit to the team firm fair and friendly and despite all the pressure a gentleman.

Nice One Tom !!

DELBOY

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

Sure have

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

congratulations on yours delboy,

yes Tom Hickey is a very nice man....

and when he settles my case he will be even nicer !! :)

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I'm sure the forum is a source of some amusement to them, which is good, 'cause after all working for any bank litigation team at the moment must be a bit demoralising and tedious....

:D HI :lol:

Does asnyone know an R T Brown? He's the contect name I've got on my court forms?

23/02/07 Request for payment sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

08/03/07 Standard Letter from Barlclays saying they are looking in to my complaint received

13/03/07 Letter before action sent (hand delivered to my local branch)

27/03/07 Partial offer of £1255 received

29/03/07 MCOL submitted

That will Be Rosemary Treves Brown

Rosemary's name will appear on about 75% of defences.

You can still use the contacts in post #1 as one of them will be assigned to your claim.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Got my court date at the end of August and the deadline for documents is end of July. Do you think its too early for me to call the lovely people at the litigation team to try to get them to settle?