Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this is a weird thread but..

There ARE a lot of members out there who are genuinely afraid of contacting the Litigation Team at Barclays.

PLEASE READ HERE FIRST:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=7&a=94

See post #24 for an example of what to say

The team as today stands as:

Jacqui Lau [Replacement to joanne] *

Personal Assistant

Tel: 0207 116 7737

Fax: 01452 638 xxx

E-mail: [email protected] [temp email add]

Krysta Campbell **

Legal Clerk

Tel: 0207 116 4753 or 0207 116 5835

Fax: 01452 638 359

E-mail: [email protected]

Tel: 020 711 63565

Dino Papaevripides *****

NO LONGER WITH BARCLAYS LIT TEAM

Eleanor Dangerfield

[email protected]

Kate Ashton ****

Legal Clerk

Tel: 0207 116 4664

Fax: 01452 638430

Paul Quinn -*

Tel: 0207 116 5634 [thanks Paul]

Fax: 01452 638 xxxx

Sharon Daboul ***

Tel: 0207 116 6842

Fax: 01452 638 159

Thomas Hickey ***

Tel: 0207 116 4523

Fax: 01452 638 479

Robert Saunders **

Tel: 0207 116 2403

Greg Thomas

Tel: 0207 116 1944

E-mail: greg,[email protected]

***** =:) * =

If there is a gap in the email add, .. copy it to your email server [outlook express etc] and amend

:(

This list will be updated as and when necessary

My proposal is that anyone with any dealings with this team post a little comment on their experience whether good OR bad so others can see that they are really not a bad bunch.

My opinion of them is that they are very polite, very professional, and easy to talk to.... sometimes slow in replying but hey, they are under a huge work load at the moment.

Please if you have negative things to say DO NOT get personal and post thing that shouldnt really be on here,,thanks

• Haha 2

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Daz great idea,

I dealt with both Krysta and Kate, both were extremely professional, very polite, very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I was also worried about contacting them, but they instantly put me at ease.

Please Please do not worry about contacting them, they are very nice and are only human just like you.

Caz XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx Good luck everyone!

Hi Daz,

Good idea!

I've found Krysta very helpful indeed. I would urge anyone who has a Court date to contact the Litigation Team.

They don't bite! :D

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

This is such a great idea,

i have spoken to krysta and she was so nice, very helpfull and very very polite. Krysta gave me the name of the person dealing with my claim who was dino, and to be honest you couldnt have asked for a nicer person, he was very proffesional and polite to me.

So barclays i must say your litigation team are A1.

Anyone who reads this please please dont worry they really are a lovely group in litigation.:)

I dealt with Kate and she was fine

didnt always call back when she said she would, but I imagine they are swamped there.

Very easy to deal with

For your list Dar£n

Kates fax is 01452 638430

Pauls phone is 0207 116 5634

Charlie Sparling on 0207 116 1944

Paul

• Haha 1

Thanks.....updated!

made me smile today,,,, had an email from someone in Litigation Team,;) and I wont go into the contents due to confidentiality and all that, but it was concerning Barclays contacts....the last line said something like

I am presuming that you are part of Consumer Advice Group

Nice one Dar£n.

I started dealing with Krysta a whole month before my court date as i was in need of the money to pay for funeral expenses, i explained my circumstances to her and she made an offer of the full amount a day later.

Very nice people, very understanding.

You dont need to know any big words to say to them just be polite and be yourself.

claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

As Kate is a 'Legal clerk' (stated on her letter) she will just do the paperwork and chasing and will be in no position to make legal decisions, hence Rosemary is on the docs.

If they went to court, lol, it would be Rosemary there doing the biz for Barclays and not Kate.

Paul

ps

Out of curiousity do we have job descriptions for the rest of the Barlcays Bunch?

Ive had several claims against Barclays on behalf of the kids over the last 15 Months and they have been nothing other than polite and helpful.

In all honesty I didnt expect them to roll over and pay out without a little wriggling but they have been consistant throughout and dont seem to play stupid games.

Well done to the Barclays litigation team and lets give them credit where its due

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

Guest SpirallingIntoControl

Hi -

I've spoken to Charlie a couple of times and again, I found him to be a very polite and personable fella.

However, I've since tried calling him on several occasions and have Always been directed to his voicemail. He's obviously very busy! Mind, if he's sharing a phone line with Charlotte, I would imagine that it would be difficult to get through...He's had a few weeks to return my call though, and I've not heard a thing, with the court date fast approaching.

I've now emailed him though (thanks for the details, dar£n), so you never know.

***Update*** I've just received an Out-of-office reply from Charlie stating "Please note that I no longer work for Barclays. "Perhaps one to strike of the list?

Guest SpirallingIntoControl

Hi - The out of office autoreply that I received from Charlie Sparling saying that he'd left gave the names [NAME REMOVED] and Robert Saunders - Note Ovans, rather than Evans.

I actually received a reply from Charlotte Evans saying that she didn't work in the litigation department, and wondering where I'd got her contact details from, as she's had a few emails of this type this morning.

So it may be that Charlotte's details are incorrect there, dar£n.

cheers.

I dealt with Dino, and found him friendly. More importantly he was a man of his word, processing my payment within 24 hours of receiving my letter.

Barclays may be a horrible company, but we should never lose sight of the fact that the people who work there are simply human beings trying to earn a living.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I love this, and it made me think of a positively great idea, wouldn't it be funny if everyone who had a great dealing with a member of the lit team was to send an employee compliment email to Barclays!

1 - this shows that they are a nice bunch, and need the recognition

2 - we (CAG) are nice guys and girls as well

3 - would pee customer services off, especially if it was mentioned how helpful Lit were compared to Customer Services.

To make this a little easier for everyone, here is the link to the compliments form:

https://ibank.barclays.co.uk/olb/w/FeedbackForm.do?action=FeedbackForm

I can imagine their faces when the Lit team win 'Customer Service Department of the Year'! lol

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

I can't imagine they eve have a spotty trainee watching the compliments email box! This is probably what the email inbox looks like at present:

COMPLIMENT EMAILS

Inbox: (1)

Outbox: (0)

Deleted: (0)

Spam: (1,100,145)

Inbox: COMPLIMENTS

Date ------Time------- Message

1/1/1995 00:01 ***TESTING SYSTEM***

------------------------------------------------------------

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

This is what I have been suggesting when you contact the Litigation Team, Go through Krysta*, asking to speak to the person who is handling your claim,

* first choice [best initial contact]

Start with referring to your claim number and the court date at which ever court being heard by District Judge ………

Go on to say……

I realise from your defence that you do not agree with my legal analysis that the charges levied to my account amount to penalty clauses and are deemed unfair. I do however recognise the fact that the sum at issue between us is relatively modest and as such, it is not cost effective for either party to take the matter to trial. Therefore in order to avoid the inevitable time and cost associated with pursuing the claim to trial I am willing to settle the claim upon repayment of the charges applied to my account, together with statutory interest and costs totalling £xxx.xx.

Only once in receipt of cleared funds will I then discontinue all action against Barclays in connection with this claim

[[this is actually taken from THEIR agreement letter]]

They are a very helpful and polite team.

I know this is going to be very daunting, but have a read through some recent posts.

Caz V Barclays / Woolwich **WON**

Woodentop v Barclays **WON**

What do i do next ?? Woolwich haven't filed defence**WON**

And many more.

Everyone that has followed this advice is very pleased they did.

One thing to remember b4 contacting them is to have your updated figures in front of you and settle only with what you are happy with,

If they do start arguing the toss which isnt very often simply say thank you for your time I think I'll let the judge decide goodbye, hang up and they will contact you back.

another little titbit:

Personally, I think it would be best for anyone considering contacting the team to try just after 2pm, when they get back from lunch.

Surveys suggest that this is the best time to contact people in service centres,

eary morning, they could be grumpy,tired!

late morning, hungry,

late afternoon, fed up wanting to go home.