Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to pop into this thread... Just wondering if anyone has an email address for data protection? Or a contact name? Please xx

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Credit where it's due.

I think Dino was a decent guy who you could mostly rely on when all else failed. Probably why he's moved on - he was too decent and not what the bank really needs.

Slick

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

i must admit, Dino was the only team member i ever got a reply from. When he told me he was dealing with my case i was very happy after reading all the good reviews on here. Just a pity he had his hands tied with the OFT case in the end.

Barclays hearing 30th Aug 07 - now Barclays pay Feb 09!!

Twitter - @monkeymax

The trouble here is verbal promises mean 'jack', unless we can get these comments in writing they mean nowt.

barclays employees can have O/D's but they dont like it, they cant 'not' allow it as it might be seen as discrimination against an employee.

What we need is a thread where people post any comms received from the banks offering to settle out of court.

see here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/115124-have-you-been-offered.html#post1144274

They dont necessarily mean 'nowt' though. My judge said a verbal offer was as binding as a written one - though the onus would be on me to prove it. And in order to do that it was only fair to invite the other party to court to disprove what i said also. There must be some truth in the legality of that if Barclays were not willing to deny it in court. Or is that too simplistic a view?

They dont necessarily mean 'nowt' though. My judge said a verbal offer was as binding as a written one - though the onus would be on me to prove it. And in order to do that it was only fair to invite the other party to court to disprove what i said also. There must be some truth in the legality of that if Barclays were not willing to deny it in court. Or is that too simplistic a view?

I hear what you are saying, and a large part is down to the individual judges.

Like you say Barclays were ordered into court after saying that they would settle before any hearing and of course didnt turn up.

I think a lot of this totally depends on the attitude of the judge which to a degree does show a hint of inconsistency withing the court system.

If we can get together and compile a document that shows Barclays to be admitting they have no intention of attending the final hearings then we can wipe the floor with them.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

It was not a case of Barclays not turning up - judge set date at Dec 10th. Original hearing was Aug 15th. When Barclays received letter from Bury Court a week later I rang Robert Saunders who said that Barclays would not be defending the verbal offer and a full settlement was arranged. Robert thought it would be difficult for Barclays to disprove my claim that a verbal offer had been made. Seems ridiculous that one judge can take that stance and others give stays.

Dar3n,

Barclaycard section still needs BLT dets.

BTW could you amend email addy above for Ms Dangerfield - I think there's a space where there shouldn't be so the link dosen't send emails.

Maybe, a summary of current known addresses and emails would be a better replacement pro tem.

Regards, Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

there's a space where there shouldn't be so the link dosen't send emails.

yeah Slick, this is an automatic thing on the site, when posting email addy's a break is deliberately put in to take out the link.

hi all,

I had the pleasure of dealing with Thomas Hickey with my case against monument (barclays credit card.) Initially i had no response, launched claim, no response so filed for judgement which i got, again no response. Applied for warrant of execution, 10 days later received phone call from thomas saying they will settle in full if i consent to have the judgement set aside. This is where it gets interesting. I had in the past sent a CCA request to monument, all they were able to provide was a rapid reply card which in no way is an acceptable agreement and unenforcable so i stopped paying them. Now my balance was £700 al of which was charges and a further £1,100 were taken in charges which i had paid back. i told tom i would agree but want all the settlement funds transferred to my bank account as i had isues ongoing with monument. I signed and emailed acceptance forms + consent to setaside judgement and received bacs transfer for full settlement 5 days later! Then a few days after that monument wrote of my debt completely! £1,800 spending money in pocket and £700 debt wiped off! Irony is the £700 balance was included in the £1,800 figure as it was made up of only charges!!

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

• 3 weeks later...

When I originally posted this thread in May [i think] no way did I think it would create so much interest.

But 23,622 viewers and 960 replies I am stunned.

Thanks to EVERYONE who contributed to this figure, and I hope it has proved useful...It does seem a little dormant at the moment but who knows, after Jan 14th things might get moving again...

Thanks you guys, its you that make this site what it is.. Keep it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm dealing with Mr Greg Thomas, from the Sharklaycard Litigation & Disputes Team. He threatened to request a stay on my claim, then when the judge applied one anyway, and I issued an N244 in court, Mr T has made a complete volte face and spent the last two weeks harassing me by telephone and the court by fax insisting that the district judge remove the stay.

He's pushing for a court hearing date so that we can go and thrash out the issue of CCI as I have refused the measly 8% stat offer... ha!:p

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Hope you are well and fighting! Just wanted to say - many weeks on - and with the cash firmly stashed in the bank - that I really really really could not have done it without you all The support and comaraderie was amazing. I am a full time teacher and a busy mum to 8 children. (we just wanted a big family and they all have fantastic careers and have not cost the state a penny - all mine and his! In case anyone thinks i am a scrounger) This site was a huge support. Thanks everyone x

for a second there I thought you were addressing the Barclays litigation team:D

It's nice to see another happy ending, well done and enjoy it. I echo your comments about the site in my situation as well, learned it all from CAG and am very thankful.

kind regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

• 2 weeks later...
hi all,

I had the pleasure of dealing with Thomas Hickey with my case against monument (barclays credit card.) Initially i had no response, launched claim, no response so filed for judgement which i got, again no response. Applied for warrant of execution, 10 days later received phone call from thomas saying they will settle in full if i consent to have the judgement set aside. This is where it gets interesting. I had in the past sent a CCA request to monument, all they were able to provide was a rapid reply card which in no way is an acceptable agreement and unenforcable so i stopped paying them. Now my balance was £700 al of which was charges and a further £1,100 were taken in charges which i had paid back. i told tom i would agree but want all the settlement funds transferred to my bank account as i had isues ongoing with monument. I signed and emailed acceptance forms + consent to setaside judgement and received bacs transfer for full settlement 5 days later! Then a few days after that monument wrote of my debt completely! £1,800 spending money in pocket and £700 debt wiped off! Irony is the £700 balance was included in the £1,800 figure as it was made up of only charges!!

Hi again Shane........

it looks like we have more in common than I thought I have the same type of agreement ex monument......I just got my charges back...only a few hundred, but the cream on the cake was the ppi :) that was worth the wait......I have £3000 + still on the account but as you know from my thread I'm going after them.

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

• 1 month later...

I submitted my MCOL and had a date, then i got a letter stating that my claim was on hold until the "big case", this was back in september. I have done nothing since, am i just waiting for the end of January or is there something i should be doing. Im owed over £4000 by barclays. Im a bit confused by it all now to be honest!

Hi Mada,

See my reply to you on your Barclays thread.

Slick

• 2 months later...

Its weird still seeing this thread up here, seems a little redundant now!

So whats the update these days, last I heard it went to court and had mixed reactions....they seemed to go away and havent come back...

whats going on? has it been adjourned pending some BS.

Has anyone been settled recently.?

Well Well, thanks for the nudge, I was meaning to get back on this old horse.

Anyway I last heard that after Easter we would get the results of the Judges conclusion, and yet I hear nothing in the media with the Credit Crunch thought there would be more exposure to this case decision as It would certainly sort my money issues out £4950 I am looking at..

Cheers

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

The latest informed opinion I've heard was to expect some sort of result in May or June.:)

• 4 weeks later...