More Than sent me Default Notice ... is this legal

alisono
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took a policy out for Car Insurance with More Than.... After 4 months I wanted to add my son as I named driver.... they said sorry too young has to be over 21... so I found another insurance company NFU excellent and cheap.... so I cancelled More Than policy as I was paying monthly, asked if any money was outstanding was told no as I had paid already for the month in hand so I cancelled it I then got a default notice.... Is this legal as I never signed a thing took it out over Internet and never missed a payment whilst it was in force. :mad:

I suspect here that no-one noted the reason for cancellation on your records. It would appear that they have cancelled on a Short Period rate which is a percentage of the annual premium. Where cancelletion was enforced i.e. as policy terms would not allow a person under 21 to drive, they should cancel pro-rata hence why it was originally said that as DDs were up to date, no additional amount would be required if cancelled.

I think a letter outlining the situation should suffice.

Any problems, let us know & may be able to help further.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

When you canceled the policy with more than, they should have sent you a letter confirming cancellation and also detailing any outstanding amounts to be paid, including cancellation charges (which would be charged as the customer invoked cancellation, not more than, the fact she was canceling the policy because they couldn't insure her son is irrelevant as she could have continued the policy as it was, the only time it applies is when we wont cover the new risk i.e changing the car when the old one is sold etc)

I'd call more than and ask them for a breakdown of what it is that they are saying you owe, their finance dept should be able to do this without any problems, one you know what it is they are chasing you for, you'll be in a better position to decide if its correct or not.

DA

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)