Declined our Complaint Can't afford court yet!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

We successful claimed our charges from 1 account with the Halifax before the LBA ran out a few months ago (horay!) without having to go to court. However, the Halifax have declined our complaint on the next account we are going for. (boo!)

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with phoning them and saying - look we are going to take you to court where you will have to pay 8% interest and the court fees back, just pay us now to aviod the extra cost to yourselves.

I don't relish the idea of going through the court hassle but will do if I have to it's just that we can't afford the costs for another month. Will this matter if we leave it for a whole month?

Thanks.

krmedboy, Worth a try especially if your claim is not to much. Unfortunately the banks are saying their charges are lawful and why should we have to pay out. The only way to prove that their charges are unlawful is through the legal process. So anything is worth a try to avoid the time consuming court route. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.