Egg Credit Card...no threads?

chezclarke

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, I have recently been going through our old credit card statements and EGG have taken a fair amount of charges. I have searched on the CAG website and there seems to be no area for EGG credit cards, is there a reason for this?

I have received a letter from them stating that 'The OFT set a threshold for intervention of £12 but stated that the default fees should not be equivalent to the threshold. The OFT stated that the presumption of unfairness in relation to charges over £12 would NOT apply where exceptional business factors apply and specifically referred to Egg's practise of requiring all customers to pay the minimum monthly payment by direct debit as an example. The OFT acknowledged that in those circumstances, a card issuer may be able to set a fair default charge above the threshold of £12.'

Should I persue EGG for the £500 that I have calculated and this is bullhunky or is this indeed true and I would have no case against them? Many thanks

Cheryl :roll:

Barclays Account 1 ~ March 11th *WON* ~ £2600.00

Barclays Account 2 ~ Awaiting court date.

MBNA ~ May 2nd ~ £440 *WON*

HFC ~ April 3rd ~ £380 *WON*

HFC #2 ~ May 10th ~ £75 *WON*

Egg #1 ~ Pending

Egg #2 ~ Pending