• Tweets

• Your attachment showing the cinema parking restrictions seems crystal clear. Let's see what the photos turn up.
    • Meter certification periods re given in The Meters (Certification) Regulations 1998, Schedule 4. From there you can check if they are correct about your specific meter .. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/1566/schedule/4 If they're telling porkies then you have e clear grounds to tell them to take  hike. If they're correct or if you haven't been able to confirm then you have  few options. You could just keep fobbing them off. In general Octopus can't keep up with demand for smart meters. It took 9 months to get our. So they may not push too hard. Or ask if you can install your own choice of meter. The Electricity Act 1989 cover this in Schedule 7 (2) and (2A) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1989/29/schedule/7 Or fight the them and their enforcement. Or go off supply.
    • We received a copy of the completed Directions Questionnaire (N181) from the solicitors along with a draft copy of their directions. I am on a course today so can upload over the weekend if needed. By 4pm on 16th May both parties must each give standard disclosure of documents by way of list by category. By 4pm on 30th May any request for inspection or copies of docs must be made and compiled 14 days thereafter. I will provide more over the weekend.
    • Have you asked for advice from your students union people? HB
    • I (and other respondents) always advise “not getting caught in a lie” it hardens their response. Why would they now believe protestations of remorse and “I won’t do it again” if they've already seen you'd lie and say it was a one-off when it wasn't..  You can try approaching the prosecutor on the day, but "I wouldn't hold my breath" …..  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Defected From Lloyds TSB- Need Help With A&l Procedure.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5889 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have defected over here from the Lloyds TSB forum having gone as far as I can with another claim.

I now need to get used to the A & L sneaky tricks.

I have read somewhere that they like to close customers accounts down, is this true?

Do you get advanced warning so you can sort out direct debits etc etc & also, I have a loan with them which finishes in March ( although if I win I intend to use my refund to pay it off). My loan payments come out of my A&L account & to get the low rate of interest on my loan I have to have this premier account. What happens if they close it & I also have a savings account linked to my current account- will they close both?

I have no arrears on the loan, are they likley to call it in when I start my claim?

Sorry to bombard you with questions, just want to know what i'm, getting mnyself into this time around. I think Lloyds TSB seem to be quite straightforward compared to this lot- at least Lloyds tell you they are going to be underhand!!

Thanks all

Jody:confused:

I HAVE ALL THE MONEY I'LL EVER NEED - IF I DIE BY 4 O'CLOCK THIS AFTERNOON!!:-|

Hi jodybuk.

The banks can close an account at any time. Although some banks started doing this, it rarely happens now as to close an account because of a claim is against the FSA guidlines and the bank could end up paying you compensation.

Having said that, they will almost certainly close an account if you make a second claim for charges.

Carry on, should be no problem.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks for that rooster,

Do you mean a second claim for charges on one account?

I only have one account that has incurred chrarges with them & to be honest, I only have this account until the loan is paid off for the favourable interest rate.

I intend to open another account i just don't know where coz reading this forum i wouldn't want to deal with any of them!!

Is there a sar letter template on this forum anywhere?

Thanks

Jody

if you go to FAQ there is a step by step instruction section and example letters in the libary.

A&L have not yet closed my acount yet and i am at MCOL stage.

but they have closed other customer accounts after paying claims.

jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thanks for the advice, I have found the template & got the letter ready, Just wondering how to pay the fee if you don't have a cheque book? Can I tell them to debit the fee from my account?

• 2 weeks later...

Grrrrr!! I'm so angry with A&L!! I looked at my account online to day & discovered that they have returned a chq ( despite the guarantee number being on the back) and charged me £34.00 for the pleasure, they have also charged me £25.00 for going over drawn - presumably for the nano second the funds were out of my account before they whipped them back AND, I paid in cash to cover that cheque & more on the day it got retuned.

They are adamant that they have charged me correctly because the cheque was processed before my deposit was processed.

Is this right?

If i was ever in any doubt (which I wasn't ) about persuing them i'm certainly not now.

I'm soooooooo angry!!!

Sorry - rant over, how you all doing?

Sorry- it would appear my rant is not over,

At least Dick Turpin had the courtesy to wear a mask when he robbed people!!!!!!!!!

ok- calm again now!

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update for anyone who may be interested, I received my bank statements yesterday within three weeks & have today posted off my prelim letter for a claim of £2316.00.

Hopefully things should move along quickly now.

Wish me luck!!

A quick update for anyone who may be interested, I received my bank statements yesterday within three weeks & have today posted off my prelim letter for a claim of £2316.00.

Hopefully things should move along quickly now.

Wish me luck!!

Nothing seems to move quickly with A&L ... be prepared for the long haul:rolleyes: Got my statements at the beginning of January and it's still going on, though hopefully not for much longer.icon12.gif

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

just to boost your fight a little - read bbc news website- business section - judge is cross with banks:D

and posts here today under Mercantile section:)

jansus

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Further update- I got home yesterday to my standard sod off letter from a&l, it came within a week- they must be bored!!!!

My lba is ready to post- can I now expect a derisory offer sometime soon or does this happen after mcol is filed?:D

• 3 weeks later...

What a busy week I'm having!

I have arrived home today to find an offer from A&L, I am claiming £2316.00 & they have offered me £572.00!! Needless to say I will not be accepting this & am going to file a claim through mcol today. On my schedule of charges my last charge date was 21/05/2007 , since then I have incurred another £150. or so, when I file my claim can I add this on & just send a revised soc or do I have to start again from the beginning and have a whole new claim?

Also - aswell as getting an offer from A&L l ( however ridiculous it may have been ) I also checked my Lloyds TSB account & discovered they have refunded me £3228.75 into my account!! I have not even had a letter to say they are doing this yet!!

Yippee!!

In addition to the above, I have had a look at the rejection templates & none of the apply eactly to me so I have chopped & changed thins so they do apply-

Is this ok to send & can I fax it or do I have to post it?

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Ms Riley

Thank you for your letter dated 19/07/2007. I respectfully decline your offer of £572.00 as a full and final settlement.

I shall be commencing court action on 26/07/2007 for the full amount claimed.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

thanks for that, in light of todays news i'm not sure where that leaves me but I will continue as if it is still current until i hear otherwise.

thanks for that, in light of todays news i'm not sure where that leaves me but I will continue as if it is still current until i hear otherwise.

I do wonder, given the crappy nature of their offered settlement to me whether they knew the OFT was planning to moratorium all the cases.

I'm suing them anyway. I really can't hold my language back on this one. The OFT and A&L are a complete bunch of ******s. How dare they interfere in me getting my money back. I shall write the OFT an (incredibly) angry letter should my case be stayed.

• 7 months later...

Morning All,

I have just been poing through all my paperwork etc for my claim & I have noticed that A&l have taken huge amounts in charges since my case got stayed.

Can I start a separate claim for these or will it be automatically tagged on to my existing claim.

Is there any point in me making this claim until the outcome of the court case is announced?

Thanks