Genuine bank security lapse or just a scare tactic?????

salfordric
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently got a letter from Nationwide Bs Telling me that they were very sorry to advise me that some of my information may have been compramised owing to the theft of one of their staff members lap tops being stolen from their car containing my details. The letter went on to reassure me that Nationwide offers an insurance to cover this type situation for just £3.00 a month or whatever it was.

Firstly I dont understand why my details were on a laptop of one of their staff.

Secondly why did their clearly not very bright employee leave laptop in car to be stolen.

Then it dawned on me, no laptop was ever stolen it was just a very obvious attempt to scare me into taking out this "peace of mind" policy.

Im thinking I would have more "peace of mind" if my details were not on laptops of staff stupid enough to leave in cars to be stolen.

Should I be concerned at a breach of security or annoyed at rather a cheap attempt to panic me into taking out one of these "peace of mind" policies. I think the annoyed bit is most likely but interested to hear of other such stories.

salfordric.,With this particular question it might be better to ask on the Nationwide forum. Click on link.Good luck. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Any chance that we could have a scan of that letter please.

I think that this is scandalous using their own lapses as an opportunity to sell insurance.