cash back deals..mobile phone outlet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

does anyone know anything about this company..I am thinking about taking a cash back deal with them..are they ok. or are they one of the dodgy ones. if anyone knows anything pleazzz reply ...cheers

The short answer is; Avoid any cashback deal that ties you to a contract that charges more than you can afford. Expect any repayment to be an unexpected bonus, NOT a material part of your relationship with the network. The forum is full of people complaining when it does go wrong - and nobody actually stating it worked out with no problems. I think that's all the warning anyone needs!

I agree with Buzby on this one, you would probably be better of checking the networks own websites to see what offers they have. Some of them offer cashback on your first or second bill for a low monthly talkplan.

Hi

Would agree also, please think very carefully about taking on a contract with affordable payments depending on a cashback. There are so many threads on this site alone with people that are/have been having so many problems reclaiming from these companies and are now having to face the reality of costs they didnt budget for.

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

• 8 months later...

Hi all

I am in a similar situation to most who took out a cashback deal with the Mobile Phone Outlet (or any other name(s) they seem to go by) except i never received the cashback vouchers. After trying all the numbers listed to try the only one that gets through to anyone is the customer care main number but like most have found, these people are USELESS.

I read one post on another site that said the registered address was at Bantam Business Centre, Bradford so i went there today with my T-Mobile statements and my mobile outlet ref number and managed to find the place OK. They have about 3 suites and from the misfits i saw coming in and out of the place it looked like your everyday dodgy call centre with the kind of people who probably only work there a few weeks and move on - which explains the customer services quality we are all getting.

Luckily the girl who saw me was lovely, called Jas (i think spelt like this and short for Jasmine) who said she ran the dept. I explained how i hadnt been sent the vouchers and she said she would take my statements and send me the cheque tomorrow with the missing cashback vouchers too. She seemed very genuine but only time will tell if the cheque comes or not but atleast i know where they are.

I would recommend that anyone having similar trouble visit this address with your complaint and ask for Jas. When my next voucher is due i intend to pay them a visit again to make sure it goes through OK. This visit will be in March time.

I will offer to assist anyone who doesnt live in travelling distance to Bradford by querying your problems too when i visit so if thats of interest to anyone let me know - ill be glad to help because these b!stards will rip off many more people than just ones with posts on this site, of whom not all will be lucky enough to live as close to Bradford as i do (if you can call that lucky?!)...

Otherwise good luck everyone with your claims.

PS. anyone who doesnt know of this web site yet needs to...

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers (helped me with numbers for mobile phone outlet amongst others)

• 1 month later...

My Girlfriend is having the same problem too, there email system bounces email back and there customer service is awful infact one bloke put the phone down on her. She sent the her bills recorded delivery and they were signed for on the 18th of december and still nothing back!! The company is a total waste of space. Surely they cannot keep trading like this??

Many do, shortly before going down the tubes - they estimate only 40% applying will be successful, but redemption rates have been as high as 80% making their business model untenable. The first stage it to be deceitful, buy making bogus rejections, this is usually followed by becoming incommunicado and not responding to customers at all. After that, closure is inevitible.

That's it really... the show is over. To minimise your loss, it may be worthwhile contacting the network and insist you are dropped to the lowest possible tariff due to their agent's insolvency.

That said, you can also contact the Administrator and make a claim, but whilst this will formally register your claim against the company, you'll be at the end of a very long list - and any repayment may only be of token value. But there's nothing to lose by doing so. (Well, nothing more to lose....!).